Fingerboard: Rosewood
Pick-ups: Original - Bridge piezo + magnetic humbucker
Preamp: Original - front mounted Vol/Pan/Bass/Treble controls
Hardware: Original - Chrome tuners. Rosewood bridge
Finish: Original lacquered
Case/Gigbag: Original AB shaped Washburn case
Extras: N/A
Weight: 6lb 11oz
Positives: Excellent condition. No worming or dings other than one small lacquer ding on the side
Negatives: Very low output, no idea as to why! Neck strap button moved approx 1" for better strap fitting
Price: £250

No idea about the low output; it may be a simple fix, I have no idea, it still works but you need to boost your amp input. It really is a nice bass but I 'must' slim down as we are planning on a house move (downsize).

Edited by warwickhunt

ahh the sell off you were saying about last week! :) I lodged with some folk last year who had downsized from a 3 bedroom place with a double garage to a 2.5 bedroom place... and I was in one of the rooms! :) I was quite grateful for my (then) two bass rule and a tecamp rig! good luck with move and sales (John's a great guy to buy off folks!)

The volume is as good as any other electro-acoustic (plenty enough for hearing yourself though you'd have no chance with it unamplified against a drummer). Postage isn't a problem as it has a hardcase specifically shaped/made for it; cost about £15-£20.

Cheers

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1349632413' post='1828507']
awesome... if this was some form of 6-7 string beast, i would sell a testicle to make it mine! but for this... I would probably still sell a toe. Nice piece man!
[/quote]

Cheers!

Just to reiterate; the magnetic pup is factory installed not after-market. ;)

[quote name='bob_pickard' timestamp='1349682199' post='1828910']
Is the pre-amp installed under the cover in the back or is there a cut out block in the side? I'm assuming the low output is the pre-amp gone down the swanny from your other posts?
[/quote]

The preamp is installed in a rear screwed on cover (all controls are front mounted). The low output is something I've enquired about but no idea why it is so quiet and it may be that I'll get it looked at because I don't feel that it is the preamp because it equally affects the magnetic pup. AFAIK the mag and piezo don't share a preamp so if it was just the piezo quiet then I could agree that it was a fried preamp but both being quiet makes me think that it is battery or wiring/socket problem. Seeing as how there is a cheaper AB20 for sale on BC for £325 (doesn't have fancy woods or mag pup), I think it could prove worthwhile having it repaired and increasing the value accordingly. :D

yes, well worth fixing (although I'd probably just use it for practice at home any way) just been looking at the wiring diagrams - both p/ups share the buffer and the preamp (washburn CM4) so could be either of those (and might just be power to the preamp - my technical "down the swanny" term covers everything from"the volumes turned down" to "arrgghh! it's on fire!" :))

Let me have a dig about and a discussion about the value of another bass with my wife and I'll drop you PM over later ;)