Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello From A Guitard...:-)

guitarjong

Hi All,

I'm Jon and I have a confession to make......I am a guitard........I feel dirty now......:-)

Luckily I am also a long standing bassist, so that makes me ok I hope???

Strangely enough, and maybe somewhat uniquely, I am both a guitarist and bass player in the same band. We are a three piece based out of Leicester and, whilst I am on the only bass player in the band, I am also the only lead guitarist in the band. I just swap between electric and acoustic guitars or bass depending on what tune we are playing. All good fun, but it does mean three different rigs need schlepping to every gig.

Anyway, I've been reading posts on this forum for a few months and thought that I should sign up and say hi. So hello everyone. I've certainly found this forum an interesting place to be.

My band have just released our first album. All written, recorded, engineered and mixed by ourselves, although we did farm the mastering out.

After 22 years of playing bass, I am finally looking at buying my first bass amp (don't ask) and I've got some questions, but I'll post those under a separate thread in the correct forum.

Our album is free, so please download a copy from

http://www.rosedalecrossing.com/download

Or it can be streamed from

http://www.soundcloud.com/rosedalecrossing

I'll pop into the relevant forum and post my amp related question.

Cheers

Jon

Hey man, don't take names to yourself, I have two penises too :D

You know what I did having to play guitar and bass in the same band? I got me a Steinberger doubleneck bass and guitar, and used my POD X3 LIVE for both, using separate patches and outputs/inputs and just switching between the two in the songs. I could carry both rigs on my back without even really feeling it. I don't have to do that any more, but I still have separate bass and guitar gigs.

Be proud you're a multi-instrumentalist, it's a massive advantage, and I firmly believe makes one a much better musician.

Good to have you here.