Why become a member? ×

SOLD - CertainBass '61 style P-Bass (funk-machine)

andydye

[s]For sale or trade my CertainBass '61 P-bass funk-machine re-issue type thing as I really need to make some space due to a couple of fretless arrivals and it doesn't get the play time it deserves so...

Yes...I know it's assembled from parts he's sourced from wherever he feels will give the best result, but hey aren't Nash basses the same (and they're mega bucks for whatever reason)? and isn't that really the essence of Fender? blah blah...anyhoo...

condition: I've been hard pressed to find anything wrong with it (apart from the nut crack I've mentioned further down and price reduced to reflect this little bit of work that needs doing)

Spec:
[b]Alder body[/b], gorgeous [b]sunburst [/b]finish (headstock finished to match too)
[b]Seymour Duncan Antiquity 2[/b] P-Bass pickup
[b]CTS pots & switchcraft jack[/b]
Schaller strap-buttons (for schaller straplocks)
tort pickguard
60's spec thick slab rosewood fingerboard on maple neck
bone nut (checking it over just now while photographing it I noticed that the nut is cracked under the D string and while it does hold in with the string tension it will eventually need 'at least' supergluing or at worst 'replacing')
fender style tuners & string tree
fender style bridge
[b]Hard shell case[/b]

It's so well knitted together (body and neck) that it really sings acoustically and the pickup really gives a convincing vintage growl! Couple that with some foam and flats and you've got instant motown!! (that's been it's main use of late - I've just taken the flats off it again though)

[i][media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157631622772230/[/media][/i]

I paid about £800 all told...I'd take [s]£700[/s] [s]£650[/s] [s]£600[/s] [s]£550[s/][b] £500 [/b]collected, it's been very infrequently used as my main bass has been my 5 string and my EUB gets used more often?

You're more than welcome to swing by and take a gander at it if you're genuinely interested (am in Sheffield for the mobile users who can't see such things)...

Trades?
...amps - I fancy a genz streamliner 900 or mebbe a markbass to try
...cabs - barefaced S12T or midget with black grill and tweeter
...other bits - diago pedal power[/s]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1348768711' post='1818008']
Can't view the pics Andy...:-(
[/quote]

Hhmmm, sorry dude, if you follow the link to my Flickr that's in my sig one of the sets on the right hand side is the certainbass...

It bugs me when I can't see folks' pics too matey!

I didn't attach them cos they take up lots of server space.

...this link might work too ;)
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/andy_dye/sets/72157631622772230/

Edited by andydye

• 1 month later...

[quote name='tischbein' timestamp='1351695130' post='1854300']
Fancy a Markbass R500 which can growl nice and valve-like...?
[/quote]

Hiya,
Hadn't considered one of those, pm me with the trade value you'd be looking at for your r500 and we'll see how we get on...I've no cash to put to as have just bought an acg so need to get cash in to pay for it, i also need to make some room, amps are fairly small though arent they ;-)

I can't see your location on the mobile version, are you UK based?