Why become a member? ×

SOLD GONE Jon Shuker Maple Pickup Ramp

This was made for the shuker neck that used to be on my Geddy jazz, now it has a BassDoc fretless neck it doesn't allow me to dig in enough and is a little high for the super sweet low fretless action that BassDoc's managed to produce...consequently it's for sale as there's no going back to the fretted neck since it's no longer in the country!

Beautifully made and shaped little thing, fits precisely between the pickups on a Geddy jazz, no need for velcro or screws, friction holds it in place perfectly! There a little shaping underneath so it fits snug to the body around the end of the scratchplate

[attachment=118947:IMAG0775.jpg]
[attachment=118948:IMAG0776.jpg]

here's what it looked like when on the bass:
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/6965206375/"][/url]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/6965206375/"]DPP_2179[/url] by [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/andy_dye/"]andydye[/url], on Flickr

I have no idea how much one of these costs to make so initial price punt...£30 inc uk shipping?

(if you think that's way off price wise do pm me rather than haggle in the thread...ta folks!)

Edited by andydye

just been asked to add some dims for the ramp...so I've measured it, if y'all want any more info let me know and I can do some more measuring :D

"the gap between the pickups is, I believe, 70's spacing(?) and the ramp measures a very consistent 85mm from front to back, ie the gap between the pickups on a Geddy jazz is marginally over 85mm cos this fits super snug inbetween them"

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1348216800' post='1810867']
I can confirm it'll press-fit between 70s jazz spacing BUT NOT 60s jazz spacing. Great ramp this. Shame it doesn't do it for you!
[/quote]

It is a lovely little thing, really cool, it's just a bit too high for the action on the new neck so the strings dont have any play at all...

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1348218107' post='1810895']
Could always sand the underside down.
[/quote]

could do, but that'd feel like I was 'turning a faded fresco of Christ into a badly restored picutre of a beast' and somehow spoiling Jon's work...also I like to dig in a bit when I play and ramps don't really allow that...I just don't think I'm a ramper :blink:

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1348257927' post='1811634']
Ok ok, now you done that, MISSION 2!! Shave the ends off and make it fit round the soundhole of a Spanish classical guitar :yarr:
[/quote]

I'd love to but my woodworking skills are not up to serious mods :-(

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1348268059' post='1811838']
Ahh ya see!! All my bumping worked, well at least you painted the badge on it for the buyer :P
[/quote]

Thank-you kind sir and yes it is more attractive now too :D