Why become a member? ×

'66 'Slab' Precision Build

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1356977974' post='1916029']

Thanks John. I did see the link, didnt excite me much, didnt look right all new, and the neck with the headstock adjustment spoiled it for me, but a nice cheapish bass for someone.

The slab project: Errr, well, err, no, not yet, in my defence, I have been busy, finally sorting out my 'Space for Bass'. I've been organising, decorating and hanging my basses. It's all done now though, so soldering the 'slab' is the next job, I'm itching to get it stoked up too, here's some pics of my progress this xmas holiday;

[b]'52, '56, '58, '60, '66 P's.[/b]

[b]Matched pair of 1st series JV basses, '58 Mandocaster, '59 4x10 Bassman, '52 TV Bassman (Tweed clock :rolleyes:);[/b]
[b][/b]

[b]Ricky 4005, Ricky-a-like-mani-a-like-copy-thingy, Takamine on stand, and '51 CS in tweed rack.[/b]
[b][/b]

There's a couple missing, but I'll find somewhere to put 'em.

Happy New Year to all the followers of this thread, and indeed basschat as a whole!!

My last post of 2012, gotta get ready for the gatecrashers (Friends that is, not the film!! :D )

Rick
[/quote]

Lovely basses dude :) just got myself a mate Mendel p bass and loving it so far :)

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1403190533' post='2480658']
Just bought a real 'slab', very happy boy, so this one will probably be for sale soon.
[/quote]

I was just about to ask the very question you've just answered!

I shall watch the for sale area with some anticipation :)