Why become a member? ×

Any other basses have this feature ?

far0n

There's a tiny hole in the back of my G&L ASAT where the neck plate is. I've realised after much head scratching that it's a little hex key that shims the bolt on neck from outside the socket. Absolutely outstanding idea. Shame I had to take the neck off to find out ! I've not seen this on a bass before, should really be more common. :)

Just looked at some G&L images and they look pretty similar. There was a thread on here about the MicroTilt system a while ago: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/182882-fender-3-bolt-neck-and-micro-tilt-adjustment-evil-or-genius/page__hl__micro%20tilt"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/182882-fender-3-bolt-neck-and-micro-tilt-adjustment-evil-or-genius/page__hl__micro%20tilt[/url]

They were frowned on because the necks weren't always held in place properly on some 70s Fenders, my feeling is that it was more to do with the sloppy neck pockets due to worn out templates. I've a 74 Jazz which is rock solid and has a tight neck pocket, and a 78 with a comedy neck pocket, the neck moves about fairly easily if you knock it.

Setting the tilt of a neck isn't something that needs regular adjustment so maybe the Micro Tilt is an over engineered solution, four bolts and bit of sandpaper / veneer seems to work well enough for most people.