Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton BA5110C switching off

lockpicker1969

I bought my Harley Benton BA5110C bass combo in June of this year. It has been to practice room once and gigged only once yet today after 20 mins i heard a click sound and it went off. I left it for a short while and it was ok for another 20 mins then the same thing happened again.this happed 3 times and i wondering if anybody else has had this problem or any other problems with theirs.

[i]Thomann are saying [/i]

[left][color=blue][font=Arial][size=2][color="#000000"]If the amp cannot be repaired or we cannot offer a replacement then we will of course provide a full refund but at this stage repair is the only option possible. i am not happy about this as i have lost faith in it now[/color][/size][/font][/color][/left]

[quote name='lockpicker1969' timestamp='1347459383' post='1801105']
[i]Thomann are saying [/i]

[left][color=blue][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000]If the amp cannot be repaired or we cannot offer a replacement then we will of course provide a full refund but at this stage repair is the only option possible. i am not happy about this as i have lost faith in it now[/color][/size][/font][/color][/left]
[/quote]

http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html

I'm pretty sure the amp comes with a 3 year guarentee . . .
Yep http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ba5110c.htm

You're entitled to repair at the very least. If the amp is not fit for purpose you'd be entitled to a full refund AFAIK.

Glad (for me) and sorry (for you) to report that I've had no problems with my RedSub BT5110 (the same combo as yours, with a different badge on it). I've had it since the start of March and I've used it at numerous gigs and even more rehearsals, driven it pretty hard on its own in the combo at practises and used it out of the combo with my cab and it's never let me down.

I hope you get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.

[quote name='lockpicker1969' timestamp='1347529750' post='1801960']
[i]I have had my fender 65w combo guitar amp for 25years and my peavey bass head for 20 with no problems at all. I buy this thing and its packed up after just over 2 months .[/i]

[i]Has anyone else had this problem?[/i]
[/quote]

I feel your pain! The old combos are bulletproof, but I think a lot of manufacturers are still finding their feet with these new lightweight amps, and are cutting corners to give a very low price point.

Hope you get it sorted. Get a refund and buy something like a second hand Markbass LM2/3 and a nice 1x12 cab.