Why become a member? ×

FS: Rickenbacker 4001 1978 Burgundyglo ++SOLD++

Hutton

I am selling this rather nice Burgundyglo 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 on behalf of a very good friend of mine. The bass is in excellent order with the usual wee dings and marks that you would expect from a bass of this age. There are two areas where the paint is worn through to the wood and I include pics of these. It looks to me that the wear on the front of the bass has been added by a previous owner who has anchored his/her finger on the top in order to play with the thumb. This mark has been caused by natural wear and is not a ding. This bass has been played very little for many years as my friend is a guitar player and only used the Rick on the odd occasion when he was asked to provide bass playing duties.

The asking price is £1230 which includes delivery and p&p. The robust case in the pics is also included in the sale.

Edited by Hutton

The bass weighs 9.5lbs using the bathroom scale method. The fret wear is minimal - this bass has a lot of playing left in it. I have played this bass and was not aware of any neck dive whatsoever. I'm not well acquainted with Rickenbackers as to what neck profiles they have. All I can say is that it feels very comfortable and familiar to me as a Precision player.

I am a dyed-in-the wool Precision fan and have not really considered Ricks before. However, if I had the money for this bass I would certainly be buying it myself.

Utterly dreamy. If i had the money I spent on my 4003 BG id be buying this... good price for this too. Spent ages looking for one in this colour, whoever wants it shouldnt hesitate in pulling the trigger.. they disappear quite quickly (Nick bought the last one I wanted on here while I was sorting my tan out on a beach - curses! haha :) )