Why become a member? ×

Heads up- Amp Tech in Preston,Lancs.

KennysFord

Hi Folks,
Just a heads up really.
I've often struggled to find a decent amp tech around these parts and I think I've come up trumps.
He's in Preston, close to the M-way junction in Fulwood,Preston.

My SVT3pro was suffering form low volume distortion, a common problem with the biasing on the mosfets on that amp apparently. Took it over to the chap and got it back in two days and the charge was £20 to sort it. The head sounds great now, I'm well chuffed with it.
He services/repairs all types of valve/SS amps, PA gear etc.His name name is David Pye and I'd be happy to pass on his details via PM.
Cheers.

Edited by kennyrodg

It's always worth checking the "Recommended Techs" at the top of this forum.
Post #51 ......... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198-recommended-amp-techs/page__st__40"]http://basschat.co.u...hs/page__st__40[/url]

Another vote for Dave Pye, he overhauled my Hiwatt 200 two years ago. Great job & only charged his min rate.

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1347230076' post='1798399']
Could you pm me his details too please?
[/quote]

DPE Services, Preston. Tel: (Preston) 715097. Email: pyedavid1 (at) sky.com

.spoke with him just the other day, a mine of help & information............. and he pops in here occasionally.

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1347370659' post='1799873']
.............. I only mentioned using PM then I wouldn't be posting his details in public.
:)
[/quote]

Yeah, I understood that, but they've already been up here for ages (by his agreement) in the other thread I linked to earlier. He's OK with it and is very pleased at the good response he's getting to his work.

Edited by Big_Stu