Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Overwater/Tanglewood Contemporary J now £300 inc case and UK shipping

andybassdoyle

I need to make room and raise funds for some incoming so here is an Overwater/Tanglewood Modern J 4 string.

Colour is blue although this doesn't really come through in the pics. Great Modern Jazz bass - nice neck, nice inlays, a very good pre-amp circuit (one of the best parts of the bass), decent hardware and you even get a nice flamed finish on the body. I've already fed back to Lawrence that I really think they're onto something here.

I do already have a jazz and the only reason that this one is in the departure lounge is that I prefer the single coil sound which this does not have. This said the bridge pickup sound in particular I think is killer on these basses.

[s]Looking for what I paid for it which I think was £350[/s] PRICEDROP TO £300 - a total giveaway bargin style good deal! I'm also including a tribal planet hardshell gigbag plus shipping to mainland UK. WOW!!!

[attachment=117524:20120903_200123.jpg]
[attachment=117523:20120903_200116.jpg]
[attachment=117525:20120903_200141.jpg]
[attachment=117526:20120903_200152.jpg]
[attachment=117527:20120903_200203.jpg]

Any questions let me know.....

Update 28/12 - withdrawn as MM up for sale instead. Surprised this didn't go but actually quite happy to be keeping it!

Cheers

Andy

Edited by andybassdoyle

Yep agree these are great value for the money especially at this give away price.
Great playability and range of tones.
IMO they give a very MM style of sound but very adaptable.
Good luck with sale. Wish it was here when i bought mine last year at considerably more than this offer.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

surprised this hasn't been snapped up by now aat this ridiculously low price.
These were a hard bass to get hold off when they first came out and for good reason.
They are sh*t hot basses for the money.

Hope it goes soon type of BUMP

Dave

Yes indeed, thanks for the feedback chaps. It really is the case that things are hard to move at the mo. Life has moved on since I originally put this up and the sale is no longer quite so critical so keen to here of any trades. Very interested in P bass old school style or a decent backup amp...