Why become a member? ×

**Withdrawn** Lakland 55-94 Deluxe for sale

chris_b

**Thanks for the interest, but I have decided to hang on to this bass for the time being.**

My Lakland 55-94 Deluxe is now for sale.

This is the US made 5 string model with a blue translucent swamp ash body, quilted maple top, quarter sawn maple neck and birds-eye maple fretboard with ebony dots. It has the 35” scale, 22 frets, original Bartolini pickups, Bartolini NTMB-L preamp and Dunlop Straplock buttons which can be used with non straplock straps. I string it through the body and the spacing at the bridge is 19mm. It weighs 9.5 lbs on my bathroom scales.

When I emailed Dan Lakin he confirmed the date of manufacture to be 1997;
[i] “That bass was made in May of 1997 - my records show it was Blue. It is a very early 5-string for us.
One of the first 70 made in the 35" scale.”[/i]

I have owned this bass since early 2003 and it is in very good condition. For 8 years this was my sole gigging bass and it has been problem and issue free. This bass has been looked after, but as you would expect there is some minor player wear. I had it set up at the Bass Gallery about 4 years ago. It comes with an SKB case and is strung with a new set of Dunlop Nickels.

All my gear lives in my smoke free back room and this bass has always travelled to gigs in my car. Since getting the Lull PJ5 I’ve hardly used it and I could do with the cash to fund another purchase. If anyone wants to hear and try this bass PM me and we can work something out. I would prefer to deliver, within 30 miles of Kingston, Surrey, or further if you're on the way to somewhere I want to go!

Unless you want to trade a 5 string Nordstrand this is sale only. I'm looking for £**** ovno + shipping.

Edited by chris_b

One of the best 5 strings on the market today.
Bass player magazine did a round up of all high end fives on the market about 8 years ago. Despite still competition this bass won hands down.
I own the 4 string version and love it

Good luck with the sale
Thats a good price as the new price would be about £3500

Edited by paulie

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...