Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision Sonic Blue

Shambo

For your consideration is a Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision. This is one of the earlier models and is I believe the surf-tastic 'sonic blue' colour.

Chances are, (you're on a bass guitar forum after all), you know exactly what this instrument is all about. I've had no qualms about being seen in public with it, a beginners/improver/backup bass thats eminently gig-able, but only managed a couple of rehearsals in my company. A familiar story, I bought it as a backup for some of the rough arsed gigs when I was too nervous to take my american jazz. Also I'd never owned a P-bass and it was an itch I needed to scratch. Not long after buying it the band went tits up, and it's spent most of the year sulking under the bed in my spare room, whilst my posher bass get lavished with attention.

It was bought from Soloshchenko of this parish almost a year ago, and the only difference in it's condition now is that I've sheilded the cavity with copper tape. Stock condition apart from Schaller strap locks and a missing tugbar, it comes with a Fender strap. I don't have any scales but it's quite a bit lighter than my american standard Fender. It's currently wearing Fender flatwounds and has been set up by KGB guitars of Birkenhead.

I'd like £200 collected from the Merseyside area. No offers please. Next day postage is £20. No trades please [s]unless you have an Electro-Voice RE20 or Heil PR40 microphone in good working order. That's what this sale is going towards funding.[/s]

I don't have any photographs but here's a link to the original advert in the hope Soloshchenko doesn't mind.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/155605-squier-classic-vibe-pbass-now-sold"]http://basschat.co.u...-pbass-now-sold[/url]

Any questions then get in touch.

Edited by Shambo

For a bit of added value, I'll include the upgraded P bass wiring I won't be having any more use for. Thats x2 250k solit shaft CTS pots, a switchcraft jack socket and orange drop cap all cloth covered wired together with my very amateur but serviceable soldering skills. Ready for the after market pickup of your choice, (before you ask, mine was a Wizard Trad P which has been sold).

You don't have to have 'em if you don't want 'em. You're still getting the stock squier electrics & pup as well... obviously.

[quote name='Gilby' timestamp='1346506054' post='1790018']
Very tempted but alas pee poor, unless you're interested in a 6 string yam 500 electro acoustic.
[/quote]
Sorry Gilby, not looking for an acoustic guitar ATM, only the mic's mentioned above.

[quote name='Stuee' timestamp='1347491783' post='1801747']
Hey Shambo, do you have a pic of the serial number please? Or could you at least post the number here?

Many thanks, Stuee.
[/quote]
It took me over two hours to bubble wrap, pad and double box the guitar before I got a quote for shipping. I'm a bit reluctant to take a stanley knife to my over zealous and paranoid packaging to make a note of the serial number... and I don't own a camera, I was hoping the pics in the previous for sale thread would suffice.
:unsure:

[quote name='Stuee' timestamp='1347539189' post='1802113']
Ah yes, that would make it tricky. It would also make it tricky for anyone to come & try it out ;)

Ok, when was it made?
[/quote]
I don't know... Squier started making CV's in 2008 and the 60's P turned fiesta red during 2010.
Anybody who would like to come and try the bass would be most welcome. Tea/coffee & biscuits for all visitors.

Edited by Shambo