Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar + 2x Classic Line 112

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1347487198' post='1801657']
Hiya mate,

How would you describe the sound of the rig?

Ash
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The head is modern and clean, super transparent and focused, super fast attack, loads of definition, you can hear every little thing you do. Leads to your playing becoming more effortless as everything you play even lightly can be heard so well. Flat EQ really sounds flat (or flatter than most amps) and the EQ is very powerful giving you a lot of versatility. If you increase gain you get a bit of drive which sounds pretty good too (not as organic as the drive in the Aguilar TH500 for example, but quite pleasant). The compressor is very effective and made me put my MXR Bass Comp away. I'm only selling because I've been playing valves for 10 years and just couldn't get used to solid state tone.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The cabs sound darker and offer a good counterpoint to the liveliness of the amp, balancing the whole thing up. Old-school sounding and with a very well balanced tweeter you don't feel the need to attenuate at all (as is usually the case with EBS). I think they sound a bit like some MarkBass cabs to my ears on the lows and mids, but with a much better tweeter.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You're welcome to come over and try it out, since you're in London.[/font][/color]

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1347488250' post='1801681']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The head is modern and clean, super transparent and focused, super fast attack, loads of definition, you can hear every little thing you do. Leads to your playing becoming more effortless as everything you play even lightly can be heard so well. Flat EQ really sounds flat (or flatter than most amps) and the EQ is very powerful giving you a lot of versatility. If you increase gain you get a bit of drive which sounds pretty good too (not as organic as the drive in the Aguilar TH500 for example, but quite pleasant). The compressor is very effective and made me put my MXR Bass Comp away. I'm only selling because I've been playing valves for 10 years and just couldn't get used to solid state tone.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The cabs sound darker and offer a good counterpoint to the liveliness of the amp, balancing the whole thing up. Old-school sounding and with a very well balanced tweeter you don't feel the need to attenuate at all (as is usually the case with EBS). I think they sound a bit like some MarkBass cabs to my ears on the lows and mids, but with a much better tweeter.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You're welcome to come over and try it out, since you're in London.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Thanks for the info and offer mate, will have a ponder over monies!

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' timestamp='1348494015' post='1814272']
Do you know how heavy these cabs are? the website says 17,5 kg / 33 lbs........but 17.5k actually = 38lbs. :s.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've just weighed one and got 17.0 Kg, so about 37.5 lbs.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They're super compact btw, I brought them from the shop in the boot of my 2000 Punto, they fit without need to put the seats down :)[/font][/color]

Edited by 1976fenderhead

thanks, yeah I just spoke to EBS who said they're about 39lbs, and will correct they're website asap.

Basically, I can see myself doing the odd trip on the tube with a cab, and I know this will be a mission with anything, but I at least want something do-able, I think these may just be a tad heavy...even though they're pretty light!
I'll have a think :)

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' timestamp='1348498045' post='1814348']
thanks, yeah I just spoke to EBS who said they're about 39lbs, and will correct they're website asap.

Basically, I can see myself doing the odd trip on the tube with a cab, and I know this will be a mission with anything, but I at least want something do-able, I think these may just be a tad heavy...even though they're pretty light!
I'll have a think :)
[/quote]

Yeah, with this or any small cab in my view it's only really doable and practical if you put it on a trolley, and in that case this weight or a little lighter makes little to no difference, since you're pulling it on wheels :)

The Reidmar is now sold. Apologies to everyone who PM'd me asking for first dibs but due to unforeseen circumstances I decided to let it go. Many thanks for your interest.

Cabs still available, now with a reduced price of £225 each collected or add shipping..

Edited by 1976fenderhead