Why become a member? ×

Simon and Patrick SP6 Spruce EQ

The clearout continues as I am determined to get down to two electric guitars, two electric basses and two acoustic guitars.
This one has got to go then - solid spruce top, think the back and sides are laminated cherry (can't be 100%), rosewood fingerboard and I think it's a mahogany neck and has a Bband preamp/eq thingy which has volume, bass and "edge" and an little LED light that comes on when the 9v battery is low. The crap cover for the battery broke off not long after I got it so it was replaced with a proper slide out battery clip. It was recently set up at Sheehan's in Leicester and a strap button fitted to the neck heel. I bought it new in 2001 - the serial number stamped on the back of the headstock starts "01" so I'm assuming it was made in the same year - it sounded good when I bought it but it's got nicer as it's aged. If you don't know Simon and Patrick (I don't personally :)), they're part of the Seagull/Godin group - all made in Canada - I don't know if they're "handmade", but it's a good guitar.

I'd like somewhere in the region of £300 with it - I can stick it in a Hiscox PRO-GAD case for another 50 quid (cost me nearly a ton). If you've got a higher end electro acoustic guitar you'd consider parting with, I have readies available to put into another one (it's all part of a downsizing plan!). I'd ideally like something European, dreadnaught sized, with a good preamp and pickup, ebony fingerboard and a spruce top and solid back and sides.

It looks like this:

I have the 12 string version of this acoustic (sans preamp) and if your 6 is anywhere near as good as the S&P 12 that I have, it will be great. I've had mine about 6 years and I wouldn't part with it for a guitar worth 4/5 times as much, the action is as low as most 6 string electrics. Very under-rated guitars and as you say they are/were connected to the Godin/Seagull builders/group. If my 6 string acoustic wasn't a delightful Taylor Big Baby I'd have a sniff at this.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='207253' date='May 27 2008, 02:27 PM']and up. £240 for a this is a bargain, they RRP at £500+ now[/quote]

I'd like to buy it - just tried to PM you but got an error.

Where are you? Is shipping possible? Best in a case for shipping though.

Cheers

Martin

[quote name='martinbass7750' post='207255' date='May 27 2008, 02:33 PM']I'd like to buy it - just tried to PM you but got an error.

Where are you? Is shipping possible? Best in a case for shipping though.

Cheers

Martin[/quote]

Ah - you're in leicester, so I guess not too far from gloucester.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='207263' date='May 27 2008, 02:40 PM']pm'd back.
This is really sad, but does the 7750 bit of your user name have anything to do with you watch movement?[/quote]

it's part of my car reg number. how does it relate to watch movement then? I'm intrigued!

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='207263' date='May 27 2008, 02:40 PM']pm'd back.
This is really sad, but does the 7750 bit of your user name have anything to do with you watch movement?[/quote]

John,

I've got a Breitling Avenger Skyland with the Caliber 13, which as we all know has the ValJoux 7750 as it's base movement.... stonking :)

Mart