Why become a member? ×

My take on "Some skunk funK" by Brecker Brothers

Sparkl

So, I launched a new channel on Youtube as I got myself a new audio interface. :)

Please, take your time and visit my channel: www.youtube.com/user/BassForFunz
It is freshly new, so I'm in a desperate need of visitors :)

So, back on topic, here's my take - leave a feedback if you wish.
It's not a transcription of any kind, I learned the song by ear, modified the bass line a bit, while still keeping myself within the frame of the original bass line on that particular concert.

Long live the fusion!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ__TUQeMQA&feature=plcp[/media]

Edited by Sparkl

f***ing extraordinary!

Superb mate, love all the little funky ghosts, you have a very good tone too.

If I were you, I'd post this in the 'Show Us Your Playing Vids' thread in General Discussion. Edit: I've done it for you.

Top work man.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Sparkl' timestamp='1346371415' post='1788576']
Cmon, it was very hot that day and wearing a cool jacket or something just wasn't an option :D (if I got your message right that is) :)
[/quote]

I entirely agree with Bilbo, we bassists must set an example that even on hot days and under even hotter stage lighting, a modicum of style, and decorum, must be preserved and observed. If you must wear a vest, then it should be of the silk variety (no staining), and your butler should be on hand with your shirt, cravat, and suit and visible in at least six per cent of the video.

Damn fine playing Sparkl, love this track, and its been on mybucket list to learn for about ten years - I just haven't got [s]the courage to get on with it[/s] round to it yet....

I myself am I wearer of the shorts and vest combo on a hot day, to hell with what looks good (I most certainly look fabulous at all times as Silddx will atest).

Keep it up!