Why become a member? ×

FS Marshall VBA400 & VBC Cab SOLD

howvard

[left]Unfortunately the band split and this thing is too big to store and not be used.[/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]Sounds great and works perfectly.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]Cosmetically its seen better days, for some reason when it arrived there where a couple of extra holes in the head shell. I ordered some replacement bolts from marshall to find that the holes did not line up with the nuts in the chassis.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]We dropped the chassis out of the shell and i drilled a couple of extra holes in the sides to bolt the head shell to the chassis. there are still two holes that don't line up underneath however i did not have time to drill these and the head now feels more secure anyway.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]There are a fair few rips and tears in the tolex which i have glued down, the previous owner also seems to have made a couple of repairs and tried to touch up with a black pen (though some of these can be seen).[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]IIRC the head dates back to 1998. There is a sticker on the chassis with a serial number which i saw when we drilled the extra bolt holes.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]I've attached some photos but they're pretty crappy ones off my iPhone.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][/size]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]I also have the VBC 4x12 400w 4ohm cab which matches the VBA Head. Its in a similar condition to the head, these have both been gigged quite regularly by myself and look as though they had been used a lot before i bought them.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]New price for the pair is around £2k and used prices are usually around the £800 mark.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

Edited by howvard

I actually have a second cab which has been mainly been sat in the rehearsal room, it comes with a marshall cover (its a bit dry and brittle) and some big locking casters fitted to it. Looking for £200 for that cab (what i paid for it).

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers
Charles

[quote name='davidlovellbass' timestamp='1346873082' post='1794381']
I've been drooling over this for the past few weeks, sadly September is a really slow month gigwise
[/quote]

Aww that's a shame... its a great sounding rig but i'm not gigging playing bass anymore...