Why become a member? ×

Hello from the Green Isle

WeeWheels

Hi there,

Thought I should introduce myself so I'm not some faceless stalker!! Haha!!

My name is Trev. Based in Belfast though I'm originally from Sheffield. Ive been playing bass for over 20 years (where did it go). At the moment I play in various cover bands as well as some sessions though I've played most styles over the years. I've also been blessed to play with some seriously great muso's in England and here in Nothern Ireland and consider what I do as a great blessing.

I'm looking forward to learning and chatting with you all. Especially as as soon as I start talking bass to other muso's their eyes glaze over!! Haha

My gear is as follows:-

Musicman Stingray 5
Fender Roscoe Beck 5
Lakland 55-02 (currently up for trade)
A Paulman Prototype EU
No name Double Bass

Trace RAH600SMX
Trace 2x10 cabs

Thanks for reading and good bassin'!!!

T ;)

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1345499627' post='1778326']
yo lads, we should have a bass meet up. in a pub. a real CHEAP pub. (yeah.... im from ballymena :()
[/quote]

Sounds like fun. My trick to drinking within my means is to drink less and less often. Sucks but I far prefer it to drinking at home.

I love Duvel - but it's €5 a glass (about 330 ml).

i found this cider recently called kingstone press. it comes in 660ml bottles, and its 5.3% and you can get 4 bottles for £5.50! and it doesnt taste like crap, its actually nice!

anyway, could we organise a meet somewhere, then we could head to the pub afterwards? i dont see many people on here from ireland.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1345500576' post='1778341']

anyway, could we organise a meet somewhere, then we could head to the pub afterwards? i dont see many people on here from ireland.
[/quote]

+1 to a meet in Ireland (if that's what you're suggesting)

Also welcome aboard to WeeWheels!

Hi Trev,

Here's some more love then, now from a distance. Welcome to BC!
I vote against the meet unless you guys get your asses to Southern Norway. Tough, I know, but it's just tough love.
Beware though: the Duvel will set you back 8 to 10 guineas here.

Enjoy the site!

best,
bert

[quote name='pobrien_ie' timestamp='1345542044' post='1778537']
+1 to a meet in Ireland (if that's what you're suggesting)

Also welcome aboard to WeeWheels!
[/quote]

i wasnt suggesting it, i was saying it (unless you are trying to be all political about the differece between northern ireland and the republic).

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1345581675' post='1779181']
i wasnt suggesting it, i was saying it (unless you are trying to be all political about the differece between northern ireland and the republic).
[/quote]

Don't do politics me ;) ....no good ever comes of it.

yeah, same here. i just find the whole thing annoying. someone in work said you can tell what side of the fence someone is from by the way they say "H". i told him to wise up.

anyway, strayed off the topic into dangerous waters there! yes, a meet! where/when? i could ask a couple of my bassy friends of they would attend.

• 2 weeks later...

i will be pretty busy myself! dublin is a fair bit away, i work saturdays, (im assuming it would be on a saturday?) but if i knew when it was going to be, i could book it off. i'm defo up for it though.

i dont know dublin very well, so unless we are meeting in croke park, ill let you guys decide :D