Why become a member? ×

For Sale: '81 Ibanez Blazer £150 ***SOLD***

Truckstop

Hello all,

I know, I know, but I got my reasons! A recent splurge on effects and an upcoming holiday have required the sale of this wonderful modern classic bass.
I bought it off ebay for £175 only a few months ago in a shoddy condition. There's a refin diary here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/177878-yay-another-ibanez-blazer-refurb-thread/page__p__1707813__hl__blazer__fromsearch__1#entry1707813"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/177878-yay-another-ibanez-blazer-refurb-thread/page__p__1707813__hl__blazer__fromsearch__1#entry1707813[/url]

It retains the full Blazer sound. Lovely thumpy lows with a treble sparkle that's reminiscent of a traditional P. Not particularly lightweight, but not heavy either. I use it for 3 hour shows no problems; guesstimate at around 9-10lbs. Neck's got a few dinks along it's length, but i've not found them to be particularly noticeable. There's a few dents everywhere actually, but it's a 31 year old bass innit.

This bass should really be bought by someone that has a bit of practical knowledge about fixing these things up. There's a few issues that I've noticed since playing it hence the low price. Mainly, the bridge is ever so slightly mis-aligned. It needs shifting south a couple of mil. Try as I might, I simply cannot get the action as low as I'd like it, and I dont like it particularly low (about 5mm at the 12th). I'm sure it's fixable, but i've never been brave enough to try the truss rods on old basses, so someone with a little experience should be able to sort this out no problem. I should also point out that this has not been professionally refinished. There are still a few sanding marks and the finish is not mirror smooth so be prepared for a refin job on this if you're so inclined, but I think it's definitely worth a punt at £150!

It'll come with a period correct (read battered old) hardcase. Here's some pics:

I have plenty more pictures if you'd like, just PM me with your email address and I'll get a few sent to you.

This is collection only, I'm based in St. Albans (AL2 1AZ). I could be persuaded to deliver for a sensible amount of money and a cup of tea though. Not looking for trades as this is a fundraiser, but I do really want a good quality double gig bag that I'd be willing to swap with. Price is strictly non-negotiable. Payment in cash, bank transfer or Barclays Pingit.

Cheers!

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1345320739' post='1776339']
Ha ha I thought that about you when you sold me your Ampeg PF500!!!

Alex
[/quote]

Even worse, guess what I`m going to be buying imminently, as have just sold my amp & cab?

Yep, an Ampeg PF500 and matching 410.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, potential trades and part-ex:

Double gigbag
2x Good quality gigbags (preferably matching)
Pedaltrain nano or mini with carry case
Excellent quality leads (matching, at least 15ft)
Wireless system

Cheers!

Alex

Edited by Truckstop

• 3 months later...