Why become a member? ×

Double Bass For Sale...

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hello all,

I acquired this full size 4/4 black double bass for my bands music video shooting this last week and have no more need for it (I would love to keep it as its awesome but I need the money/space)...

I cant see any identification of brand or anything so any help on that front would be great.[/font][/size]

[color=#000000]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]very good condition a couple of small dings, well it is very large thing.[/font][/size]
[/color][color=#000000]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It has a Brand new adjustable bridge which cost £70.00 on its own. Also Brand new strings[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Case has a zipper part come away from the case, still works and protects the bass fine.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It has no makers name. I call it Nigel.

Looking for maybe £400?

Can arrange courier if needed.[/font][/size][/color]

Ah Burnley my old stomping ground - shame they closed down the Carlton :( I saw this on eBay, is that where you got it from? I remember it as the 'Nigel' name amused me! Is it playable, neck OK, etc. the bridge is certainly not placed correctly. What's the tone/volume like? Never used a full sized bass so curious as to how it would project compared to a 3/4 but I guess you wouldn't know if you've never played on. :)

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1345149171' post='1774380']
Ah Burnley my old stomping ground - shame they closed down the Carlton :( I saw this on eBay, is that where you got it from? I remember it as the 'Nigel' name amused me!
[/quote]

Yeah I miss the Carlton. The old 'get the pool table out' to every band on a weekly basis. Ha.

And yeah it's the very same on as on eBay sir :)