Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass Buddy ***Provisionally sold***

andyonbass

I originally bought this with a view to using with a power amp for my gigging set up but subsequently the band folded so I have been using it as a headphone amp, which it does brilliantly! Its a very "musical" piece of kit that has obviously been well thought out. It has many useful functions, here's the official blurb

"The Phil Jones Bass Buddy multi-function headphone amp. The Bass Buddy is made with a heavy plated chrome steel case with 1/4" CNC machined aluminum front panel. Its features include an EQ dedicated for Bass instruments, a stereo input and volume control for drum machine/MP3/walkman, and is battery powered or with a AC adaptor. It could also be used as an active DI box, or a pre-amp with enough power to drive any headphones, power amp or even a speaker. Weighs only 2 lbs. and measures 5.35 inches W x 1.75 inches H x 7.3 inches D. The Bass Buddy™ is the most compact practice amp in the market loaded with multiple features. A heavy duty, protective padded shoulder bag is also included."

One tiny barely visible scratch on the top

£160 posted to you sir if you're in the UK mainland!

[attachment=115352:Picture 001.jpg] [attachment=115353:Picture 004.jpg]

[attachment=115354:S6300012.JPG]

Edited by andyonbass

I have just acquired a BB from this very same forum, I must say it does a Man's Job, I used it for a Jam/Rehearsal/Run thro' last week, driving my TecAmp XS112 its got more tone than the Cube 30 I have and a neat bit of distortion when driven. Good Price, Good Kit buy it now or you will always regret it type bump.