Why become a member? ×

NBD: ESP (not LTD) 5-string B series

EdwardHimself

Hello there. Not really been here in a while but I just thought I would indulge myself slightly in showing off my new bass. I got it for my 21st birthday, so I wanted to make it something special.

Looks great. Unfortunately, the truss rod is one of the 8 mm bullet type ones that require a special spanner in order to adjust so until I get that, I can't really play it as the neck is slightly over tightened for the strings I've put on it.

So yeah, that's my bass. Hope you like it and thanks for reading :)

[quote name='stoker' timestamp='1344613736' post='1767191']
That is a lovely looking bit of wood!
[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah can't beat a bit of grain-filled ash lol.

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1344675797' post='1767792']
PHWOOR! Lovely!. You know, my guilty secret is I've always fancied one of those Vipers, in cherry red too.

Enjoy :)
[/quote]

The trouble with the viper and eclipse basses is that they look great, but you can only get them in 4 string. I really have to have a 5 string bass as my main bass. The 4 strings are really just bits on the side. Sadly, I am still having a bit of trouble with the neck. I have managed to get it to stop bending back but I am still having issues with some of the lower frets and buzzing. I might just see if the neck needs some time to sort itself out. If I can't get it sorted in the next couple of weeks or so I might take it to a proper guitar tech or something.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1344692247' post='1768060']
The trouble with the viper and eclipse basses is that they look great, but you can only get them in 4 string. I really have to have a 5 string bass as my main bass. The 4 strings are really just bits on the side. Sadly, I am still having a bit of trouble with the neck. I have managed to get it to stop bending back but I am still having issues with some of the lower frets and buzzing. I might just see if the neck needs some time to sort itself out. If I can't get it sorted in the next couple of weeks or so I might take it to a proper guitar tech or something.
[/quote]

I've only ever had 4 strings, I don't know what I'd do with an extra one. Probably hang my washing on it or something.