Why become a member? ×

FEELER: Fender Bassman 135 - £400 *SOLD*

Jigster

The time may have come to move this on, but right now just a FEELER for interest in this vintage Fender Bassman 135.

Bought from Umcoo on this very forum - it's a 1980 model, runs at 4ohms, and currently has four EHX 6L6s in the power valve dept, and 3 EHX in the pre-amp - two 12AX7s and an 12AT7.

Considering its age, I've had no issues with it.

The amp has that wonderful richness of tone you find in valves, can be played clean or, as seen in the pic, patched [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]to run both sides of the pre-amp valves, for extra grit, and punch.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This first pic is courtesy of Umcoo but I can provide more pics for any interested BCers.[/font][/color]

[attachment=115077:DSCF1578.jpeg]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Second pic is from a recording session with my old Berg cab[/font][/color]

[attachment=115078:IMG_7378.jpg]

Edited by Jigster

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] No idea re. your own amp - a[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ssuming the Vassman has two channels?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]On the Bassman, the bass plugs into input 1 of the bass channel, then [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]run a patch lead from input 2 of the bass channel into input 1 of the normal channel.[/font][/color]

Stunning amp...loved it when it was mine. It really roared when you pushed it, but had that great creamy bassy sound. This used to be vegas_hooker's (on here) amp before I got it, so it has a fairly long BC history. Good luck with the sale Jig!

Hi Any interest in a trade plus cash?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/183054-another-price-drop-peavey-mk-iv-1980-american-made-amp-peavey-bx115-bw/"]Another Price Drop! Peavey MK IV 1980 American made Amp + Peavey BX115 BW[/url]

Cheers Vindi