Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer 4 string for SWAP

bass445

Hey guys, I've had this bass for 2 years, and I'm wanting something different, with a better, more powerful sound.

It's a Warwick Streamer Stantard stage 1, four string, one pickup, passive, in ocean blue. I bought it second hand, in good working order, and it's still in a very good condition.

I would prefer a Fender Jazz, as Warwicks are not the best for slap bass, with strings very close together.

[attachment=114929:018.JPG]

It's likely that a Jazz bass would be just as tight for slap as your Warwick! I tried a Standard a few years back and tbh it felt no tighter for string spacing than many other basses. If you just fancy a change, active electronics (internal/external ie pedal) might give you a bit more 'power' to slap with though there are MANY players who manage perfectly fine on passive basses. It could be that you just fancy a change which is as good a reason as any but if slap is the main consideration I'd try any bass out that you may want to trade as it could be just as tight for spacing.

[quote name='Chris90' timestamp='1344279212' post='1762225']
For the record, this is just a Streamer STD. It has nothing to do with 'stage 1' so I hope people don't get confused.
[/quote]

I'm sure if you were looking at the pic you'd be able to spot the difference. ;)

I've got exactly the same bass, it's one the old 'made in Germany' streamers before they became Rockbass. Basic, but well made. There's loads of room in the back to stick some active electronics in. John East does a nice one pot active tone thing and Bartolini do a drop in replacement pick up that'll brighten your tone if you're up for some DIY.

[quote name='bass445' timestamp='1344152005' post='1760352']

I would prefer a Fender Jazz, as [b]Warwicks are not the best for slap bass[/b], with strings very close together.

[/quote]

Overwhelmingly disagree with that statement, but good luck with the sale!

However, new sale rules i think say you need to give a trade value?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1344286615' post='1762364']
[u]Overwhelmingly disagree with that statement, but good luck with the sale![/u]

However, new sale rules i think say you need to give a trade value?
[/quote]

I'll second that. ;)