Why become a member? ×

Hello

Stephen Houghton

Hi my name is Steve and as you can guess i love Bass guitars, been playing about 30yrs but self taught and play mostly by ear, can read music very slowly and i have a basic knowledge music rudiments.

Just bought my dream bass, a Musicman Stingray 5 string and love it. Also own a El Maya 1986 bass which i think is quite rare and it is really good quality all round. Also go a very early (I bought it in 1996 secondhand) Furch rounback accoustic/ electric bass, i have had real trouble trying to get information and the values of both of these so any ideas would be really appreciated.

Have a Mc Gregor Basman by Mosfet 200 watt amp, which i have had as long as the El Maya (30yrs) This was my first amp and bass and are still going strong with no problems.

Love all kinds of music from Blues, Soul, Reggae e.t.c anything that sound good i like it.

Anyway i will explore the site more over the coming weeks. B)

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1344089931' post='1759646']
Howdy

Are you gigging at all?

Welcome to the site.
[/quote]

Hi

Not for a few years, do the odd thing with mates but considering getting something together again, my new bass has inspired me and its a waste not to play live.