Why become a member? ×

Musicman StingRay

magicbass

[size=5][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]MusicMan StingRay 1992/3.
Natural / Birds eye Maple neck (mat finish on the back of the neck).
2EQ.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Extra Knobs, pizzo pick-up under bridge & a push switch for extra tone.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Still with original mutes.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I Picked this up from the bass centre private buy from Nick, (Ronan Keating bass player among others)[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A real funk bass like Louis Johnson uses (Brov Johnson "stomp")
Electrics fitted by Chris (bass centre).
Payed £1250 about 10 year ago.
PM me if you are interested,
thanks Dino.
Looking for £1000 thanks.[/font][/size]

Edited by magicbass

The Flea bridge (but still with mutes), the 6-bolt plate, the matt finish... all point straight to 1992-93. But do not get me wrong, this is a cracking specimen, from what many (included myself) consider a golden era for 'Rays (late '80s - early '90s), in a sought after colour, with great birdseye and professional mods.

All the best with the sale, somebody should be very happy. :)

[quote name='magicbass' timestamp='1343747644' post='1754561']
Thanks for Dating this bass, i know some one would no, thanks Apothem ;)
[/quote]

You're welcome. I've had nine Stingrays, from '70s pre-EB to current ones, and one Sterling, so I have learnt a few things about them.

For those who prefer not to remove the neck in order to check the stamp date, often on the preamp/pots in the electronics cavity there is a dated sticker. Here there have been a few mods so the sticker may have disappeared, but it's still worth having a look. I would not rely too much on pots codes/dates, they were often ordered in massive bulks and left laying around for years before being utilised...

Free bump for beautiful bass!

[quote name='Apothem' timestamp='1343749324' post='1754594']
You're welcome. I've had nine Stingrays, from '70s pre-EB to current ones, and one Sterling, so I have learnt a few things about them.

For those who prefer not to remove the neck in order to check the stamp date, often on the preamp/pots in the electronics cavity there is a dated sticker. Here there have been a few mods so the sticker may have disappeared, but it's still worth having a look. I would not rely too much on pots codes/dates, they were often ordered in massive bulks and left laying around for years before being utilised...
[/quote]

And for those who don't want to remove control plate, there is [url="http://www.musicmanbass.org/"]this[/url] superb Musicman fans page with huge list of serial numbers and corresponding dates of manufacture, you can surely find approximate date of birth of your bass. Or you can just write to EB MM forum your MM serial number and those guys tell you exact date, target music shop of expedition, body wood, color.. etc.

Edited by davidak

[size=5]BUMP but no trades.[/size]
[size=5]Hi all,[/size]
[size=5]thanks 4 all your kind offers to [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]trade, but i need the dosh 2 pay 4 my Light weight bass gear, [/font][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]sorry but thanks.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=5][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price £999 [u]ono[/u][/font][/color][/size]

Edited by magicbass

[size=5][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price 10000 [u]ono...... :o[/u][/font][/color][/size][size=5][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][/size][size=5][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][u] :P[/u][/font][/color][/size][size=5][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...