Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MK Duraplug FC4134WHI 4 Way Portable Extension Socket. Fused. Neon light. £10. UK.

Hi all

I have some unused new/boxed Duraplug FC4134WHI which I bought for a studio/live rooms project which ended up being a far smaller venture than I imagined! I'm now selling on those surplus to requirements.

They are a great and often overlooked piece of gear, whether used in a studio, live room, concert halls, or just in your guitar rack. They'll last donkey's years too, and can handle being knocked about.

Duraplug are a well known, tried and tested make, and these units have super build quality and are made using decent quality components and materials. The sockets grip the plugs far better than they do on cheaper extensions. Better contacts on the Duraplugs also result in a lower impedance to earth.

This ad is for one item, but I do have more for sale if you require more than one. Please get in touch for details. I'm sure we can work on a good price and I always combine postage.

These units cost over £20 each in the shops. So come along and get a bargain at £12 [Now reduced to £10] each, getting cheaper if you buy more.....

Happy to ship anywhere, but please make sure they would be compatible in your country if you are not in the UK.

Cheers

[u][b]Product Range Information[/b][/u]

4 gang heavy duty, fused extension sockets
Neon indicator
White
Wall mountable (can also be bench mounted)
Material: high impact ABS/Polycarbonate
Manufactured to BS 1363
Dimensions: (LxWxD) 317Lmm x 68Wmm x 31Dmm

[attachment=114445:Duraplug FCK4134 Pic 2.JPG]

Edited by Max Dread

I can't praise duraplug enough! I have one I put together when I was about 20. I'm 52 now. It works perfectly and doesn't even show wear. They are not brittle plastic like the low quality crap you tend to get in your local B&Q or whatever nowadays. They're more like the pliable stuff which flexes but doesn't shatter!
Oddly enough the humble extension socket is probably one of the most overlooked bits of kit, and worth spending an extra couple of quid on quality. Especially if it lasts 30 years or more eh?

Good luck with the sale bud.

I might be missing something or misreading this mate; are you saying that your extension [u]is[/u] the 'filtered' model or not because looking at the code given and the product pictured it isn't the filtered model in which case the bit about protecting/filtering voltage spikes etc. doesn't apply. Yes/No? :huh:

@GremlinAndy - thanks for the heads up and kind words.

@warwickhunt - thanks for pointing this out and apologies to you and everyone else for adding that info in error. The back of the box says Filtered Socket, and goes on to give the section I quoted above. So I've just looked into and can confirm that the box is used for several different models, hence the "only" part in the quote above. So just to confirm, the model I am selling does NOT have filtered sockets, and I'll now amend the OP to correct it.

Thanks again guys

Max

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bremen' timestamp='1346254992' post='1787080']
How much to ship within the UK? Thanks!
[/quote]

How are you interested in?#

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1346256947' post='1787123']
Sorry to seem dense but do these have a lead attached - if so how long - or do they plug into a socket? I have tried googling them but that bit of info seems missing.
[/quote]

No, they don't lead attached I'm afraid. Nor do they plug into the wall. You basically decide on the length of the lead you need and then attach it to the unit, then attach a plug to the other end, unless there's one there already of course!!! Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Cheers guys

No worries Paul..... If it's because they do not come with a plug and cable, let me know as I might be able to attach that before sending. If it's because you were looking for something completely different, then good luck. And thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

Max

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...