Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do these music shops really know what they are selling?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1343668190' post='1753431']Isn't that bass worth more than they're selling it for?[/quote]
Looks like a standard TRB6P and not a TRBJP. No idea what a TRB1006JP is, or if it even exists. If it is as we all suspect a first series TRB6P then the answer would be "no".

This is a very early TRB6-P nothing to do with the JP model,i used to have one just like this,maybe the same one!it only has 1 truss rod,the later same model has 2,so it really is a 1st edition TRB.

[quote name='Bassilla' timestamp='1343687386' post='1753840']This is a very early TRB6-P nothing to do with the JP model ... it only has 1 truss rod,the later same model has 2,so it really is a 1st edition TRB.[/quote]
I've had a few of the first version of the TRB5P, the version with the P/J configuration, which shared a some technology with the RBX model of the time. This version of the TRB6P appeared around six months after that TRB5P. These are good basses, but the pickups and preamp are not of the calibre of those in the JP models. As for value, the fives that predates this six sell for between circa £700. Can't see sixes selling for anything more.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1343727126' post='1754114']
aren't these TRB 6P 1st edition the ones that an awful lot of folk seem to want?
[/quote]Yes that's correct,they are great basses,and sought after.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1343727126' post='1754114']aren't these TRB 6P 1st edition the ones that an awful lot of folk seem to want?[/quote]
There's a version after this one, but before the redesigned TRB6ii. This one has a single truss rod, whereas the other has dual truss rods. That's the one people are more likely to be looking out for. Like the P/J version of the TRB5P this version of the TRB6P doesn't go for big money. Look back through listings here and you'll see that figures between £600 and £800 are what get paid. At £1,250 it's overpriced.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1343779274' post='1755271']
There's a version after this one, but before the redesigned TRB6ii. This one has a single truss rod, whereas the other has dual truss rods. That's the one people are more likely to be looking out for. Like the P/J version of the TRB5P this version of the TRB6P doesn't go for big money. Look back through listings here and you'll see that figures between £600 and £800 are what get paid. At £1,250 it's overpriced.
[/quote]

all I know is that I've spoken to at least 3-4 people on here who've gone along the lines of - yes I have this bass you are asking about, but I'll only trade for a TRB6P 1st ed.

These bass guitars are absolute tone monsters.
I think there was a blue one sold on BC about 6 months ago for around £ 1100

The newer models (TRB6pii) are also awesome bass guitars. they have a slightly different tone as these instruments have the soap bar pickups.

If i was spending the cash i would be very happy with either model.