Why become a member? ×

Typical Warwick Sounds???

Pinball

I love my two Warwicks. They are my prized possesion. I had always wanted a Warwick Streamer after seeing an advert for one back in the late eighties but never got round to getting one. I always ended up playing Precisions, Jazzes and Stingrays. I did have the chance to buy one at the back end of the nighties when I got a record deal advance but they did not suit the style of music I was playing. Wish I had now but I also turned down a Wal which looking back is probably even more stupid.

The one on the left is a 2006 Streamer LX Jazzman. It has the chunky neck that people refer to but I actually like that. Its not chunky like a Precision and is in fact thin like a Jazz but it is deep rather than being flat. It took a little while to get used to the tone but I now love it. I have been very fortunate enough to record in some top end studios and work with some well know producers over the years, mostly using Precisions, Jazzes and a Stingray but I would say that this Warwick on my current project is sounding the best bass I have ever used. Its very burpy, earthy and rich sounding. It can be very smooth and warm as well as aggresive with the typical Warwick tone. If I had to compare then a cross between a Jazz and a Stingray which I guess is the plan with the pickup choice but has that extra Warwick growl which makes it a little different.

The Warwick on the right is my 2011 Streamer LX. My dream bass which I finally saved up for and bought new. It really does sound amazing and looks superb. Again its very earthy and burpy and has that typical Warwick sound. A cross between a Precision and a Jazz but again with the very noticable Warwick growl. The only thing I don't like are the side dots. They are the new illuminious type and are very faint. They come on when under stage lights but generally are very faint. Not sure I can do anything about it as it does hinder me slightly.

At some point I would like a Bubinga Warwick but I guess my options are limited so I will probably try and hunt down a fretless Corvette.

[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/Linus27uk/P1040176.jpg[/IMG]

I miss my Streamer but I wasn't using it at all and couldn't justify keeping it. If I could find a fretless for around the £500 mark, I'd move some gear around to fund it but they don't seem to come up very often.

I do have my bandmates '94 Thumb BO in my room at the moment and had a great time demoing a new song with it last night. Really nice growl to it.

Let me know if anyone wants some sound clips, any excuse to put my new audio interface through it's paces.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1343756042' post='1754739']
Neat, I liked your soundcloud stuff. Lots of energy. It would be good if you can shout out which\when you have tracks made with a Warwick.
[/quote]

Thanks Pinball. All those recordings are are either Fender Precisions, Jazzes or Stingray's. I am currently recording an album with my Warwicks so as soon as I have a few tracks finished (very soon) I will post them up.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1343758108' post='1754789']
Linus27, [b]you've got a beautiful pair![/b] Thanks for posting the photo, for your great comments, and also your support! Enjoy!
[/quote]

Thats what I say to my wife :)

Seriously, thanks. I do love them. Do plan to pop over for the factory tour at some point when I get some spare time. Having worked in manufacturing, I would find it facinating I'm sure.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1343758490' post='1754797']
Thats what I say to my wife :)

Seriously, thanks. I do love them. Do plan to pop over for the factory tour at some point when I get some spare time. Having worked in manufacturing, I would find it facinating I'm sure.
[/quote]

Sounds great! We'd love to have you over. If you've worked in manufacturing I guarantee it would be fascinating! The factory tour is an incredible experience...and I don't think anyone who's taken it has walked away without being utterly amazed. Lots of cool things to see. Join us for our 30th Anniversary party Sept 8 - lots of our Artists will be there, meet & greets, factory tours, food & drink - just let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Thanks!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1343758964' post='1754812']
Sounds great! We'd love to have you over. If you've worked in manufacturing I guarantee it would be fascinating! The factory tour is an incredible experience...and I don't think anyone who's taken it has walked away without being utterly amazed. Lots of cool things to see. Join us for our 30th Anniversary party Sept 8 - lots of our Artists will be there, meet & greets, factory tours, food & drink - just let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Thanks!
[/quote]

Thank you, that does sound like fun and would be an event worth going to. I really wanted to go to the bass clinic that you have on the week leading up to it but currently looking for work so did not want to risk signing up and then having to pull out due to new work commitments,

Edited by Linus27