Why become a member? ×

HNBD: 1964 Gibson EB-2(D)

MrFingers

So I had this 12-string Rickenbacker which wasn't seeing much action, so I was looking for something new. Got a call yesterday from a man who had this sunburst Gibson bass, and he wanted to trade, so we did. And now I have a 1964 Gibson EB-2, with a factory conversion to 2D in 1967 (that's why the knobs are located differently), in very good overall condition. I'm a happy camper!

Thanks, I'm so happy with it (always wanted a bass like that. Had a Rivoli once, but this is in a WHOLE different league). It's also the best weapon of choice when your band says "you have too much bass in your signal", because it sounds like this (neckpickup, tone completely open, fresh roundwounds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM1yopcD9Gs

Good score MrFingers! Fab looking bass - that rosewood board looks almost ebony dark - I love EB-2's so much I have 2.

Thread title did have me wondering briefly, as the "D" model wasn't produced until '66 I think.....

Reggae: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIDnqk-v_E4"]check[/url]

Here are some more pictures. It's nice that this one has a brown-stained back & sides. Is an unique feature to instruments made in 1964 (all brown-stained back & sides date from 1964, but not all 1964's have brown-stained back & sides)

(no filter of Photoshop used, this is how the bass looks to the naked eye...)