Why become a member? ×

SOLD: black epiphone thunderbird pro

ahpook

it's time to move the black beast of rock on :(

bought last year from dc2009, i've only had this out of the house a few times so it's pretty much as i bought it, except for moving the strap button to the back of the neck.

it's a little worn, and i've taken photos of the worst dinks:

the two on the body on the upper and lower bouts
where the finish is flaking off the upper fretboard edge
the two holes where the strap button(s) were)

everything else works fine, [s]except there's a slight crackle to the pickup balance pot.[/s] [b]fixed[/b]

you see the pics [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/12528339@N05/sets/72157630665736766/"]here[/url]

included in the sale is an epiphone fitted hardcase, which is like-new.

i'm looking for [s]£250[/s] [s]£235[/s] £160 for the bass, case, and a extra long leather strap from bear straps (like [url="http://www.bearstraps.com/#%21__classic-2"]this'n[/url])

[b]i'm not shipping this item[/b] - you can collect it from me in tottenham, meet in london, or i am prepared to deliver the bass within reasonable train travel of london..

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1342794480' post='1741090']
Forgive me if im missing something here...but is this an Epihone,Tokai or Gibson build?!
[/quote]

[i]you're[/i] not missing something....i am !

the word 'epiphone'

listing amended - thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='jtcbass' timestamp='1343137293' post='1745859']
Would you be interested in a fretless Squier Vintage Modified Jazz in sunburst? Its in mint condition.
[/quote]

if it were fretted, i'd have your arm off, but sadly i only need one fretless bass to play badly

Edited by ahpook

Have a 'these are really good basses for the money' type bump.

I had one for a while and enjoyed playing it on my own away from the mirror. great active tones, skinny neck, real pose value. But I am too old and too fat and just looked (or at least felt) plain silly wearing it.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1343402841' post='1750284']
Have a 'these are really good basses for the money' type bump.

I had one for a while and enjoyed playing it on my own away from the mirror. great active tones, skinny neck, real pose value. But I am too old and too fat and just looked (or at least felt) plain silly wearing it.
[/quote]

Not just me then ? Makes me feel a better , but reAlly good basses

[quote name='BassBoss13' timestamp='1343429609' post='1750870']
Sorry, my camera is not working but it is sunburst and is in perfect condition, just needs a change of strings. It is a really nice jazz bass, but I need something a little more suited to rock and metal, so this would be a perfect swap.
[/quote]

thanks, but i'll pass for the moment - it's not quite what i'm after. thanks for the offer though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...