Why become a member? ×

MusicMan S.U.B. Active Black *SOLD*

DaveMuadDib

I've given up bass playing for the forseeable future due to health problems and other commitments, and while I'm a student, unfortunately a lot of my beloved gear has just got to go.

This is a bass that I got my hands on around Christmas time - always wanted a stingray but couldn't afford a "proper" one, but was able to track down this beauty second hand. It's a MusicMan SUB with active electronics. Their "budget" stingray, but still a premium instrument. It looks and plays like a stingray, and I absolutely love it, but despite being superior in so many ways it just never took over from my main frankenbass (which i ain't sellin for love nor money) so it only saw 5 gigs. Don't let that fact fool you - it's an incredible instrument and it sounds and plays phenomenally, but my fender/status graphite/wizard pickups/badass bridge monstrosity has just been "my bass" for far too long.

It's in great condition, straplocks are fitted and included, and the strings are fairly new. There are one or two slight dings but it has never been dropped or smashed. Came with a slightly battered flightcase thrown in to sweeten the deal, and that'll be included. Great bass and I'll be sad to see it go. Looking for £350 - bargain :-)

I'm located in Cheltenham if you want to try it out. Collection preferred, but willing to discuss :-)

[attachment=113412:sub1.jpg]
[attachment=113413:sub2.jpg]
[attachment=113414:sub3.jpg]
[attachment=113420:399612_282759631783886_714850783_n.jpg]

Edited by DaveMuadDib

• 2 weeks later...

If i wasn't just about to go off on holiday i'd seriously consider this, its gorgeous.

I know we aren't supposed to question the asking price in adds but I must congratulate you on putting this up for a reasonable price, ive seen people asking way more for these and having owned one in the past i cant understand why some people ask so much for them (£500+)

Good luck with the sale, im surprised this is still here.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for kindly bringing that to my attention ;-) Apologies, it's been up for a long time now, was getting frustrated. If anyone is interested in this bass then pop me a PM, I haven't got long left to sell it before I go away. Getting desperate and will have to be an eBay job otherwise.
£320 price drop if it helps ;-)

Edited by DaveMuadDib