Why become a member? ×

FS Lakland Skyline 4402 - SOLD

TPJ

Bass is now sold.

I'm having a clearout to recoup some costs of a big car service and to try and change tack a bit. I want to get a 10-12 string tapper. :)

I'm shifting this very nice Lakland Skyline 4402. It's very light, plays well and looks nice too.

I'd like £600 ono. No trades, just cash.

Comes with a soft hard case and ideally would like to hand it over in person as I've seen things broken thanks to couriers. I'll travel a bit for a little juice money. I'm in Wakefield, West Yorks.

Also selling my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/181381-fs-aguilar-gs112-x2/"]Aguilar GS112's[/url]

This is the bass (pic is from Gusto's recent sale thread)

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1342003840' post='1727721']
Just a quick note to confirm that TPJ is a top chap, and very easy to do business with.

Best of luck with the sale :)
[/quote]
[quote name='Junglerog' timestamp='1342003925' post='1727724']
Great Bass, nicely priced. GLWTS.
[/quote]

Thanks guys

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1342007594' post='1727854']
I've always fancied one of these. What's the tone like?
[/quote]

You can get quite a bit out of these. Active set flat has more of a midrange bump than passive. The front pickup does a lovely woody P-bass-ish tone. The rear pickup with it's 3-way option gives you very good jazz bass tones, but I found the best tones for me were from blending the front and rear to varying degrees. I wouldn't call any of the active tone "vintage", it's more modern sounding, but the passive tones are very nice. The only thing that would make it even more great would be a passive tone control. The whole bass sounds very even across the range. Hope this helps.

Edited by TPJ

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1342008925' post='1727892']
You can get quite a bit out of these. Active set flat has more of a midrange bump than passive. The front pickup does a lovely woody P-bass-ish tone. The rear pickup with it's 3-way option gives you very good jazz bass tones, but I found the best tones for me were from blending the front and rear to varying degrees. I wouldn't call any of the active tone "vintage", it's more modern sounding, but the passive tones are very nice. The only thing that would make it even more great would be a passive tone control. The whole bass sounds very even across the range. Hope this helps.
[/quote]

I'd absolutely agree with this. It's a very versatile, very modern sounding bass - and this is as someone who played almost exclusively from the rear pick-up; though it's great to have the ability to dial in the neck J and explore some more options with your sound, as TPJ notes.

In the end I opted for an all-Stingray line-up, as it's more primitive. We all know that sound. You won't quite get that here - what you'll get is a lot more refinement, and ultimately more options. In a package which has through-body stringing; is supremely light-weight (by my hefty standards); has a very quick neck; and is generally a superb player, with all the quality you'd expect from Lakland.

It's easy to be tempted :)

You're welcome Buddy, glad it's still working well for you. :D
I was hoping to get my grubby mits on this last time it was on here but I was waiting for a sale price as I had nothing to trade. Now that it has a price on it's head I aint got the dosh, it's kiiling me haha !!
B)

Really great basses for the price. I had a 44-02 deluxe which I've always regretted trading, but the Warwick I got in exchange was much more suited to the band I was playing in at the time. Really great instruments, you can't go wrong. Best of luck with the sale!

P.s. £600 is a steal!

Edited by chuck_stones

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1342344036' post='1733359']
Really great basses for the price. ...you can't go wrong. Best of luck with the sale!

P.s. £600 is a steal!
[/quote]

+1

Bump

Edited by TPJ