Why become a member? ×

Rare Wal 6 String for sale

WalBone

For very reluctant sale, one of only two [b]36-inch[/b] [b]scale[/b], 6-string instruments ever made by Pete at Wal basses. The bass must be about 5 or 6 years old now but looks brand new, with no marks anywhere - the condition is immaculate.

It has a solid ash body and ebony fingerboard, with a lovely bass-clef inlay at the 12th fret. Hardware is all gold.

The bass has an interesting history, starting life as a prototype for an alternative on-board pre-amp that Pete and I were working on until ill-health got the better of him. Paul Herman has since fitted the standard pickups and pre-amp and set the bass up beautifully so it plays like a dream. The Wal 6 is a powerful enough instrument normally, but the combination of the solid ash body and longer scale give this one a truly thunderous sound!

Bass comes with a Hiscox case (as most Wals have over recent years).

Given its rarity and condition, I'm looking for offers around the £4,500 mark. No trades. I strongly recommend a test -drive!

Pictures follow - excuse the duff photography (there is more reflection with the flash, but it gives a more accurate impression of the colour of the wood)

[attachment=112470:Wal6_6.JPG] [attachment=112468:Wal6_2.JPG] [attachment=112469:Wal6_3.JPG] [attachment=112471:Wal6_13.JPG] [attachment=112472:Wal6_1.JPG]

I had two Olive Ash faced Mk1's. It is such a beautiful textured finish and catches the light so nicely, I think the by far the best looking Wals by a mile. The tone is gorgeous too. I have regretted selling mine so much... Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that!