Why become a member? ×

Trade Pending: 2005 Musicman Stingray 5- absolutely mint

For sale is a recently acquired 2005 Musicman Stingray 5 in superb condition.

I bought it from Bass Direct several weeks ago, but have finally concluded 5 stringers aren't right for me.

Mark bought this bass as "new old stock" from the MM UK Distributor and it had never been used prior to me buying it. There is one tiny (tiny) mark in the lacquer near the neck plate at the back but it is virtually invisible.

Action is wonderfully low and the bass weighs in around 9lbs so is fantastically light and comfortable too. It also has the best B String I've played (currently strung with a new set of DR Sunbeams).

It comes with a Protec Contego gigbag (wonderful pieces of kit) and a new set of DR Sunbeams.

I paid £1,200 for this but am willing to let it go for £1,000 or p/x for a Fender US 62 reissue P Bass, 75 Reissue US Jazz Bass or Japanese 51 reissue (plus cash my way).

You really won't find a better condition Stingray than this unless you bought a new one.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

I just picked up a 2010 Stingray 5, and would heartily recommend it to BC'ers - it's a great instrument. None too heavy, and with all the tone that would expect from a Stingray.

Good luck with the sale, OHM.

Wow! Another fabulous bass in natural.

I still think about that lovely natural 1973 P bass you had up on here (birth year for me)

Once again, this is another stunner I'm short of cash for :-(

Nevertheless, bump!

I see you have a trade pending but if it goes belly up I have a USA 75 reissue jazz I could offer up with some cash your way? Pm me for details

Edited by mrtcat