Why become a member? ×

Young Bass Player Gone Missing at the Stone Roses, Heaton Pk.

bigjohn

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1341790519' post='1724306']
Happens all the time. We only hear of the odd one. Theres a missing persons list as long as your arm.
[/quote]

Correct, though often the only missing persons the public hear about are 'high risk' missing persons, ie: when the disappearance is out of character or there are other factors in play that mean they're at risk. For a lot of people, 'going missing' is a fairly regular occurence.

In cases like this, it is hard not to think the worst from the off because this was clearly out of character for him, sad news for his family.

So So Sad My thoughts are with his family and friends
I Just Dont Get it ?? I was at the Sunday Gig at Heaton Park with a fellow BCer and two friends and the atmosphere was fantastic. I cant understand how this could have occured. Ok it was a nightmare getting out and home, but the poor lad forgot his phone and went back for it and lost contact with his friends. Its not known wether he was under the influence of anything and wont be until a coroners inquest has been held. I believe the young guy lived in Timperley which is south of the city and ship canal and it was impossible to get a taxi from anywhere to anywhere. It may just be an unfortunate accident while he taking a short cut.
I think we as a Bass players community should / could look to raising some Trust funds for the family, maybe sell some spare gear on the BC marketplace and donate. It doesnt matter how large or small but if it was sold under a normal expected price then there might be some bargains.
I would be willing to get the ball rolling and sell a bass and donate all the proceeds, if somebody with more time than myself would be willing to administer this..
any thoughts ??