Why become a member? ×

Lovely Chapman Stick Playing from our very own Stickman

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1342352400' post='1733537']
Got the album on Friday.

I love it! Not that much 'I WILL KILL YOU!' voice either :D

It's a superb album, there are some truly lush melodies and chord sequences, wickid riffs, world class playing and writing all round.

I played it to a friend last night, he made me keep playing it, he got serious thrills from it :D

Top work, Steve, I truly hope the band gets the recognition and success it deserves.

Cheers!
[/quote]

Mine arrived late last week but I only had my first chance to listen yesterday evening on my way to meet Stuart BassBunny, simply a superb album! shades of Dream Theater / Vai / Maiden / Iona, superbly performed and put together, (interesting thematic concept)!

Wasn't expecting it to be signed either! Thanks Stickman and buddies!!

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1342352400' post='1733537']
It's a superb album, there are some truly lush melodies and chord sequences, wickid riffs, world class playing and writing all round.

I played it to a friend last night, he made me keep playing it, he got serious thrills from it :D

Top work, Steve, I truly hope the band gets the recognition and success it deserves.

Cheers!
[/quote]

Nige, you're too kind mate - cheque's in the post ;)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1342426091' post='1734489']
Mine arrived late last week but I only had my first chance to listen yesterday evening on my way to meet Stuart BassBunny, simply a superb album! shades of Dream Theater / Vai / Maiden / Iona, superbly performed and put together, (interesting thematic concept)!
[/quote]

Cheers Andy, it's always interesting to learn what other people hear in you music as I wouldn't say any of those bands are an influence (except Vai I guess) - Charlie, our old guitarist who now plays in the excellent Haken was a big DT fan though. I'm sure none of the other guys even know who Iona are! Is the Maiden reference in regard to the vocals?

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I think I should do a bass video next! To those guys with the album, any track or part you'd like to see?

Edited by Stickman

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1343115898' post='1745291']
Cheers Andy, it's always interesting to learn what other people hear in you music as I wouldn't say any of those bands are an influence (except Vai I guess) - Charlie, our old guitarist who now plays in the excellent Haken was a big DT fan though. I'm sure none of the other guys even know who Iona are! Is the Maiden reference in regard to the vocals?

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I think I should do a bass video next! To those guys with the album, any track or part you'd like to see?
[/quote]

Maiden - vocals yes, very reminiscent at times! Cracking singer you've got!

Cracking band!! I'm introducing my guitarist to your band at the mo to see what he thinks, he's into DT etc so I suspect he'll be liking it too!!

I just bought this on the strength of this thread, and I'm glad I did. - it good to be able to support anyone on here who's got something to show for their hard work.
I always thought that the Chapman was a bit of a voodoo dark art which I'm utterly intimidated by, so it's great to hear one being used to play some incredible music and so well played to boot too.
Great album, nice one - two thumbs up!

[quote name='bluesparky' timestamp='1343255505' post='1748043']
I just bought this on the strength of this thread, and I'm glad I did. - it good to be able to support anyone on here who's got something to show for their hard work.
I always thought that the Chapman was a bit of a voodoo dark art which I'm utterly intimidated by, so it's great to hear one being used to play some incredible music and so well played to boot too.
[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

I've not listened to much else since I got it. I love it. I even really like the guy's voice now, it's really grown on me, which was unexpected to be honest.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1343115898' post='1745291']
[/quote]

I think for me it would be track 2, or 6.

Steve, you also give bass lessons, right? I might be interested in a few mate if you have space, I'll PM you.

[/quote]

Ha, thanks - to be honest it intimidates me a bit too most of the time!

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1343661062' post='1753274']
I think for me it would be track 2, or 6.
[/quote]

Cool, I was thinking track 6 too - I'll have to finish transcribing it first though as I improvised most of the album! :rolleyes:

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1343661062' post='1753274']
Steve, you also give bass lessons, right? I might be interested in a few mate if you have space, I'll PM you.
[/quote]

I do indeed matey, drop me a line or give me a call and we can talk about what you want to achieve.