Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey!

OutSpoon

Hello there fellows!

As per tradition / convention I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself formally...

So Hi! I'm Steve, my friends call me Dr. Funkenstein... bass player for around 25 years. Started off with Iron Maiden / Slayer back in my long-hair days, progressed through Faith No More and Red Hot Chilli Peppers and these days more into the mellow side of music, but still a champion of the groove!

Have plenty of basses (4's, 5's, fretlesses and an upright) but always on the lookout for one-more... currently have the yearnings for a Sandberg or possibly a Warwick.

I run my own businesses, providing hosted communications for small businesses (www.kooljett.com) - PLUG! and spent my spare time noodling round in a couple of bands and looking after my 2 little boys!

So - that's me. Hi!

Steve.

Thanks! I have actually played quite a few Warwicks, but yet to find one that I really felt at home with. I wanted a Thumb for the longest time, but once I played one - it just wasn't me. I am attracted to the old Streamer that Zender used to play but never tried one... closest I got was a 2nd hand Rockbass 5 (horrid grey colour) that I played in some random shop in Birmingham - but the colour was wrong and the timing was wrong (just on my way back from a business meeting..)

Do any shops in the UK stock Warwick any more?

Ah ok cool! Yeah for me it's the Streamer Stage 2 that I've been after for a while! Fell in love with them from the offset!

I don't know any shops in the UK that stock them, no! I've only ever seen second-hand ones in shops! But then I'm up in Scotland so there might be some near you!

Paul

I was considering selling one or 2 of the ones I have or trading up - but I don't know whether I can part with any of them anymore.. they all mean something to me and have served a purpose over the years.... and I have named them all - which gives me an emotional reason for not getting rid of my babies! :-)

Hi Steve,

Welcome to BC! Looks like the tone's already set, and it's a good tone.

FWIW, I hear that the RockBasses are bloody great - starting when the "W" was incorporated in the headstock last year - and in fact give the German ones a run for their money.

Enjoy the fora!

Edited by BassTractor