Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 problems?

Clarky72

Anyone had any problems with theirs?

I've only had mine a few months and it's started playing up, massive dips in volume for no reason while I'm playing for anything from a minute to half an hour.

Luckily it's still under warranty so it's going back, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced simailr issues...

Had mine for about a year. Bought it from a guy on a Dutch bass forum (basgitaarforum.nl) and the only issue is a dirty volume pot. I'll have to get the contact spray out.
I switch between this and a Trace V6. Never had a real problem with it. Couldn't believe something so small and light could be so BIG.

Better luck with your new one Clarky.

Phil.

To be fair Genz don't make the valves if it is that, as long as it went through the QC tests ok it would just get shipped out. Some people had problems early on with the switch mode power supply again not made by Genz either (bang and olufson) but I'm not sure what the symptoms of that fault is, I'd of thought total output loss?

Pre-amp valves can last anything between a minute and several decades. Anything between those extremes is pretty much normal. It's virtually impossible to guarantee a long-lasting one. If you use valves you just have to accept that with them.

To the OP, it does sound like it could well be your issue and is well worth changing the valve (s ?) before anything more serious is considered.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1341385116' post='1717910']
To be fair Genz don't make the valves if it is that, as long as it went through the QC tests ok it would just get shipped out. Some people had problems early on with the switch mode power supply again not made by Genz either (bang and olufson) but I'm not sure what the symptoms of that fault is, I'd of thought total output loss?
[/quote]
I thought it may be the valve but thinking about it, I'm losing power and the next minute it's back at full power again, then drops out later etc.. Surely if the valve was on the way out it would just drop and not gain again?

Think I'll get a spare valve for mine, just in case.

Had mine for about three years now, all good other than a noisy/scratchy master volume. I sprayed it up a few times, which provided a temporary improvement. In the end it went back to Fender under warranty and has been perfect since.