Why become a member? ×

'91 Warwick NT Streamer Corvette 'Infinette'

warwickhunt

Your chance to own a piece of Warwick history; Warwick have one of these on the wall of their offices, so it must be good. This is the original '91 NT model not the 2001 BO.

As I further revise what I want and need I've established I probably don't need 2 of these :)

I have a regular gigging Streamer Corvette (affectionately known as the Infinette by Warwick aficionados) and I have this one...

It is pretty much unmarked and has rarely even been played in the house.

This actual bass is the bass reviewed in the UK bass guitar magazine 'Bassist' (I will supply the magazine with the bass). I purchased it from The Bass Gallery London. It can be verified by the Birds Eye Maple patternation and the striation of the colouring of the Atimoe Mahogany on the back. I got this about 6mths after I got my first one because I felt I 'had' to get a back-up in case my first one ever died! Well 17 years on and my original one is still going strong

A well used example was listed on eBay for 2500 euro (£2005) recently, though I admit it didn't sell. I want 2400 euro or £1925 for my bass. If this is considered expensive by some, consider what a new Infinity bass will cost you and then factor in the rarity factor of this model. I'm not open to negotiation on the price but I will consider trades for an early Streamer Stage I.

I'm happy to supply more pics upon request.

Cheers

Thanks for all the kind words :)

I'm sure various BC members can attest that I'm a very approachable chap; so if you live within reasonable traveling distance and are 'interested' then you can just call in to give this (or any of my basses) a blast with no obligation to hand over dosh! I 'think' I now know what I want (and it may involve stripping lacquer and stain off a certain blue bass) so I'm kind of clearing the decks a bit further. To which end, a fantastic EB/MM Sterling that I wheedled out of Peter may also be available ;)

As it stands I have a Dolphin, Orange Pumpkin Stage I, 'Infinette' and possibly the Sterling available should anyone be interested.

Cheers one and all :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='184209' date='Apr 23 2008, 11:14 PM']I 'think' I now know what I want (and it may involve stripping lacquer and stain off a certain blue bass)[/quote]

if you bought rose tinted glasses.....
it would work both as a metaphor and literally!

[quote name='BassBomber414' post='184780' date='Apr 24 2008, 07:40 PM']But 'Probably' not quite as rare as a punter with £1,925 to spend with the economy about to go into meltdown.[/quote]

What meltdown :) Just as well other European economies are in a better position than ours :huh:

There'll always be people prepared to pay for the right bass and it's pretty much relative to the present cost of a 70's Fender and I'd hate to imagine how many of them were produced compared to 120-200 of these (depending on which source you believe)!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='184785' date='Apr 24 2008, 07:45 PM']how much you looking for the pumpkin?[/quote]

You have a PM ;)