Why become a member? ×

Red leather Chesterfield sofa

longtimefred

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1341168940' post='1714655']
Hi, I`d love this sofa!
I`m having a bit of a petrol in a diesel van type moment though and I may not be able to pick up for a few days,so if anyone else can shift it first then fair play.
If not, I`ll have it!
[/quote]
My wife did that with our old Fiesta. She managed to get all the way home before she realised. It wasn't entirely her fault, the garage had changed the pumps around without telling anyone. She called them and complained and they just got snotty with her, the next day the forecourt was covered in signs saying that the pumps had been changed around...
Anyhoo, we were waiting for a bloke from the RAC to come and tell us that it was going to cost £300 to get it fixed, which is what the RAC had said on the phone. Eventually an RAC van pulls up outside and we go out to meet him, only he's going to someone over the road, who'd locked herself our of her car, not to us. When he's done with her we go and ask him about us. He calls HQ, or whatever, and they'd sent the bloke they were sending to us, to a similar address 20 miles away... So this bloke says he'll do it. We tell him what's wrong and he cracks out this really dodgy looking gadget and sticks it in the engine. This gadget is chucking sparks everywhere and pumping fuel into a bucket, which he then dumps in the front garden of an empty house! I ask him about the safety of all the sparks and he says: "Yeah, that's why weren't not supposed to carry these anymore, they're illegal.". He gave us £5 worth of diesel and runs it through to make sure it's ok and buggers off, saving us £305!

• 3 weeks later...