Why become a member? ×

Sharay Reed genius...

bubinga5

My sister sent me this vid of Mr Reed doing the bass line on this epic track...... i dont think im going over the top in saying this guy is one of the best ever bass players in the world today.... his groove and fills on this are mind boggling...

I think Sharay's strength totally lies in his awsome sense of groove, not choices and knowledge of chords etc... i could listen to this guys playing all day long. his fill at 4.09 his just epic.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff2CCSzjeHg&feature=relmfu

He is great, a very natural player, and he doesn't just fly off and play a million notes a minute. Very sympathetic to the song with a great feel and groove. I discovered Sharay fairly recently when I was looking around YouTube for Gospel bass players.

He does obviously have great musical knowledge, and knows his scales and chords etc inside out though. :D

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1341154144' post='1714371']
another classic Reed groove.. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pATcvr3zAhg[/media] i never get bored of his fill at 2.03 onwards..
[/quote]
+1 to this
I listen to this at least once every other week.
It makes me, a taoist, want to play gospel.

Edited by alstocko

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1341258954' post='1716047']
he plays a standard Fender USA Deluxe V.. yes ive seen the Bass Gallery vid.. to be honest i thought it was a little over indulgent..
[/quote]

I assume an older model because of the tuning pegs, right?
Are they better than the ones made since then? :huh:

Edited by PauBass

no..the older deluxe body shape have a cutaway on the lower bottom horn.different jazz body,, .. the newer Deluxe Jazz basses have the usual vintage jazz body..... blocks also.. the preamp is is way better on the new post 2011 Deluxe Fenders...

Edited by bubinga5