Why become a member? ×

Simple active EQ for Jazz style basses - Guidance please

ead

Hi all you cognoscenti, I'm hoping you can assist me in my quest to find a simple way to turn a passive V/V/T style set up (with 2x J p/ups) on a BBN5 into something that is a bit more flexible than the passive 'tone' control. I did contemplate something like the ACG 02 but tbh it would be worth nearly twice as much as the bass and as my ACG is in build I'm watching the pennies!

Ideally is there some kind of stacked knob tone control that I could install (presumably with a battery too) to give me some control rather than just the high cut I have atm? I've seen a few on the interweb but I'm a bit uncertain as to which would suit given that some of the descriptions are a bit unclear. Everything else on the bass is pretty much original, so nice Yamaha p/ups.

All help and advice is, as ever. most welcome. Thanks in advance fellow BCers.

I'm working on just the thing at the minute - found a schematic online for a 6 band EQ that will run from 6 to 12volts. I've made one or two 'adjustments' to the diagram and am looking at a two band stacked EQ that runs off a 9v battery that's tailored for a fretless Jazz bass.

Dunno what to call it though, maybe a 'mwah-tron' or something equally droll.

I've also seen these on the interweb, does anybody have any love/experience/comments on the Seymour Duncan and Artec gear as they are more in line with what I was hoping to spend?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/seymour_duncan_stc2p.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/artec_se2a.htm