Why become a member? ×

Custom Adamovic 'Super-Jazz' ***SOLD***

AndyW

For Sale, a very rare one-off custom 'Jazz-style' Adamovic Custom Bass custom built to my specs.

Absolutely wonderful Bass that has been resting in its case for too long as I mainly use one of my Adamovic Jupiter Basses for everything. Excellent condition apart from a few light indentations in the finish at the lower backside due to me very cleverly having a keychain on my jeans for one gig! :unsure: Plays amazingly and Sounds great as the preamp gives a lot of variation from the simple electronics setup, plus is running at 18 volts for added headroom.

Specs as follows:
2 piece Swamp Ash Body
34" Maple neck with Stabilized birdseye maple [u]AAAAA grade fingerboard[/u] (Stunning!)
24 Frets
Abalone Inlays
Birds Eye Maple electronics cavity cover
EMG 35TW Pickup (Single and Dual Coil Modes)
Aguilar OBP-2 Pre-amp (18v)
Hipshot Bridge (through body or top loading)
Hipshot Ultralite Tuners and D-Tuner
X-Ergo back carving
Satin Finish
Jim Dunlop recessed straplocks
Strung with brand new Elixirs.

Electronics are set-up as Volume with Push/Pull single/dual coil and Bass/Treble cut and boost for the second knob.
I purposefully didn't go for an Active/Passive switch as I wanted to have as few knobs as possible.

New price would be around 2400 Euros
Selling for [s]£1500[/s] [s]£1300 £1150 [/s][b]***SOLD*** [/b]

[u]Indentations in finish (described above)[/u]

Edited by AndyW

Had a question on Talkbass about what exactly Stabilized Maple means concerning the Birds-eye fretboard, so thought it would be good to mention it here:

Stabilized figured/Burl woods have been impregnated with monomores and acrylics to produce a dimensionally stable wood. Some advantages of stabilized woods are they minimize or totally eliminate:
Shrinking
Cracking
Expanding
Warping

Other benefits of stabilized wood include:
Moisture Stable
Oil Impervious
No Raised Grain

Hope this helps!

Have also put one of my prized Adamovic Jupiter Basses up for sale in a seperate thread, but ideally only plan to sell one of these 2 Basses. The 3rd Adamovic will be staying with me to my grave.............. :)

Edited by AndyW

Have just picked the Bass up from the Bass Gallery where it has had a full set up, new nut and fresh set of strings so, it's playing like a dream.

Also, offering another price drop for this week, but might change my mind on this so come and check it out fast! ;)
[b]£1200[/b] (excluding shipping)

Cheers man!

The pickup is close to the Musicman sweet spot and can be split from a humbucker to single coil while the woods are more Jazz like with the maple neck and ash body.
Quite versatile as the Aguilar 2 band preamp is running at 18 volts giving quite large boost and cut options.
It's more open sounding than my other 2 Jupiter model basses as the woods on those compress the sound a 'little' more.

Hope that helps! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1341175551' post='1714817']
There's something about this bass. I think it's the simplicity. I approve...[/quote]

Yes. For some reason I keep imagining it with a bright red high-gloss finish... don't know why! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Massive price drop to [b]£1000[/b] (excluding postage) for one week starting......... now................. :)

One of my basses needs to go due to a tight financial month ahead, so am dropping the price temporarily.
This is a fantastic chance to get a beauty of a Bass at a ridiculously low price!

• 2 weeks later...