Why become a member? ×

Hi

Inca

Hi

I found this site today! i am a fairly new bassist - keep self teaching then stopping then starting!! I have had some problems with trying to find a bass tutor (apparently too old and wrong sex!!)

I am now committing myself to this and really enjoying it, next step is a proper tutor. I live with a mental guitarist and so know ALOT about guitars but not as much about basses so this site seems very helpful and friendly

I currently have a (please don't laugh) Daisy rock p-series type bass (lovely slimline neck for my hands) a good phat active ibanez and a lawsuit era aria - a fantastic bass but just too chunky on the neck for me!

Musical influences - most rock (and a bit of a van halen thing!)

Anyway - thought i would say hi and that i look forward to being a part of this forum!

[quote name='Inca' post='181400' date='Apr 20 2008, 10:01 PM']Anyway - thought i would say hi and that i look forward to being a part of this forum![/quote]

back atcha!

welcome to the forum, its good to have you here! where are you based?

plenty to read through on the boards, and i find everyone very willing to answer questions.
i've learnt a thing or two since i've been here. :)

mew
x

thanks guys

I am in Historic Rochester ... home of dickens and...... ah well thats all really

I work in sunny Bromley - which has no decent music shops in it at all! - very sad as i used to work 5 mins away from denmark street in london

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='182144' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:37 PM']Ahhh Rochester. Last time I was there (some years ago) I was being thrown out of Amadeus! Is that still there?[/quote]

Sadly it is - something hideous like £2 a drink and nasty music that sounds all the same (or maybe thats just down to the drink!!)

[quote name='Inca' post='181400' date='Apr 20 2008, 10:01 PM']I currently have a (please don't laugh) Daisy rock p-series type bass[/quote]

No need to apologise for Daisy Rock, good quality basses with a distinctive look.

Welcome to the forum

Bugger it - i just bought the ltd edition gibson sg in fireburst! (like any more instruments are needed in this house!! - 17 guitars - 4 basses - drums - 5 amps (cabs and heads) and a yamaha 2 tiered grand organ!!

maybe it should be one in, one out!!

anybody looking to buy a nice vintage aria lol

• 2 weeks later...