Why become a member? ×

FS: Warwick Thumb NT 5 fretless (sold pending usual)

OliverBlackman

Hello bass chatters,

Up for sale is my Warwick Thumb Fretless NT 5. This is the Neck through version with an ebony fretless board. The board is unlined but has dots on this side of the neck.

The body i believe is bubinga with a Ovangkol neck. The neck is lovely and narrow which is great in combination with the low action and the body has a rich a long sustain.

Electronics are the original MEC slanted pickups and 3 band EQ with passive/active control. This is a LOUD bass which makes emphasising articulation easy peasy.

This was my first fretless bass after recommendation from Daf Lewis and if i didn't need the money and was using it more often i would be keeping it!

However, a move to london is a must and therefore i will let this go for [b]£1200 ONO[/b]. only damage is a very slight wearing to the body above the top pickup where i have rested my thumb.

Due to the value of the bass i would like it to be pickup up, or possibly meet half way however, i will consider posting at buyers cost/ organisation. I will also include the Warwick Rockbag that it came with which lacks the straps.

NOW FOR THE PICS :D They're fairly big file sizes though and i do have more, including the ebony fretboard and more body shots which i can email over if you would like.

[attachment=109378:DSC00909.JPG] [attachment=109379:DSC00910.JPG] [attachment=109381:DSC00915.JPG]

Edited by OliverBlackman

Hi Oliver
i am very interested in your bass, I am currently playing a Stingray 5 fretless it's a lovey guitar but it's not got the sound or feel I am looking for. I have owned corvette fretless before and wish now I hadn't let it go. So am now looking for a Warwick 5 string fretless. How old is it ? Can you send me some more pictures please.
Cheers
Andy

If you PM me your mail address I have a couple of emails from Ollie with pics on (I was thinking about buying this bass but in the end decided against it just because I decided to stick with 4 strings for easy transitioning between upright and fretless). Its a beauty and I have no connection with Ollie before you ask!!!!

[quote name='daflewis' timestamp='1339459463' post='1688897']
OH NOO!! don't do it Ollie! :o

Seriously though, i suppose if it's not being used and would help you move to town then it's worth it.

Shame though...
Daf
[/quote]

Its a great shame daf, but i hope i have enough years left that i can buy another one when its the right time to do so :)