Why become a member? ×

First gig!

jwbassman

Hi guys

Just thought I share this with you - I did my first gig on DB on Sunday!

Really enjoyed it and had lots of great feedback from the guys in the band and the audience - not bad since we only had chance for one rehearsal before the gig and I've been playing upright for just over 2 months :)

Yeah, it was great - I've still got some much work to do, but after the rehearsal the guys just said, don't bother bringing your bass guitar at the weekend! We had to drop a couple of charts from the set - tricky keys/changes and some quite high written parts - we'll save these for when I've learnt a few more positions!

It was pretty physically demanding which wasn't helped by the heat, the gig was in the Palm House in Sefton Park, Liverpool - basically a huge greenhouse, not exactly the best place to be gigging on the hottest day of the year...

That said it was brilliant and I really enjoyed it - felt so much like a beginner again but then the sound more than made up for that - we've got another gig in a few weeks in a small church which I think is going to really test my intonation - wish me luck

Hope your gig goes well Sarah - enjoy and lets see some pictures :)