Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA AW16G Multitrack

Gents,

I'm selling my Yamaha multitrack. Brought a few years back for just over £500 online second hand but its just not getting used now.

The outline spec is as follows:

144 storage tracks (16 playback tracks plus stereo master track, all with eight virtual tracks).
Simultaneous eight-track recording and 16-track playback at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz.
32-bit internal processing.
24-bit linear A-D/D-A conversion.
Around 60 track hours of recording time with supplied 20GB hard drive.
1000 Songs per drive.
36-input mixer: 16 playback channels, eight input channels, four stereo sample tracks and two stereo effects returns).
45mm non-motorised faders.
Dynamics and four-band parametric EQ on almost every channel.
Two internal multi-effects processors.
240 x 64-pixel LCD with contrast.
Eight quarter-inch balanced TRS inputs, two with additional 48V phantom-powered XLR inputs, and one with an additional high-impedance instrument input jack.
Monitor and Stereo/Aux outputs: unbalanced quarter-inch jacks at -10dBV nominal level.
Optical S/PDIF input and output.
MIDI In and Out/Thru sockets.
Master or slave synchronisation via MTC with MMC support. Transmits MIDI Clock.
Onboard mix automation using 96 Scenes per Song. Dynamic mix automation via MIDI.
Four tracks of stereo sample playback, maximum 44 seconds sample time.
Tempo map, including Scene and Sample Pad switching functions.
Dimensions: 99 x 425 x 322mm (hwd).
Weight 4.4kg.

They have been going on fleabay for around £350 so im asking for offers around £300.

Id prefer collection, and I live in Bedford but work in Welwyn so can meet up with anyone in the vicinity if that helps. If not ill charge postage at cost... what ever that is!!

Its in its original box with manuals and power supply but no CD. Never had one to be honest but it works 100% and I can give you a link to some songs recorded on it... actually they should be in my sig.

Any questions please ask before I have to flea bay it.

Cheers

Dan

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='180542' date='Apr 19 2008, 03:46 PM']+1 for the AW16G.

One of my best investments from a usefulness point of view. Nice to have an analogue way of working, to produce digital results. Hope it finds a new home that creates loads of music through it.[/quote]

Yeah I agree. Mine hasnt been used for 3 months and has gathered dust but for recording ideas or getting a half decent demo its great and seems to stand the test of time.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='182549' date='Apr 22 2008, 09:16 AM']Is this the one that can plug into your PC and control your DAW?[/quote]

I have one and I think you can, as long as it's Cubase or Sonar. I don't think it works with Protools or Logic. I tend to use it mainly for recording the raw tracks then transfer optically to my PC where I use ProTools to mix and master.

I have an original CD if the buyer wants a copy. It contains the samples and loops and is needed if you ever want to reset the machine.

Steve

[quote name='Muppet' post='182582' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:10 AM']I have one and I think you can, as long as it's Cubase or Sonar. I don't think it works with Protools or Logic. I tend to use it mainly for recording the raw tracks then transfer optically to my PC where I use ProTools to mix and master.

I have an original CD if the buyer wants a copy. It contains the samples and loops and is needed if you ever want to reset the machine.

Steve[/quote]

I dont have teh CD but I may contact you if I need to get a copy for a prospective buyer i thats ok?

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='180542' date='Apr 19 2008, 03:46 PM']+1 for the AW16G.

One of my best investments from a usefulness point of view. Nice to have an analogue way of working, to produce digital results. Hope it finds a new home that creates loads of music through it.[/quote]
Yep. Great machine. I've had mine for 4/5 years and get excellent results. Great onboard effects too, flying faders and easy to read display.

[quote name='mybass' post='188705' date='Apr 30 2008, 11:14 AM']Yep. Great machine. I've had mine for 4/5 years and get excellent results. Great onboard effects too, flying faders and easy to read display.[/quote]

Indeed.. shame to ebay it :)