Why become a member? ×

(Cheapish) Volume Pedals

thepeanmachine

Howdy

Does anyone know of a decent volume pedal that can also be used as an expression pedal? I'm after a volume pedal mainly to give a bit of a boost for solos, but I would also like to use it as an expression pedal with a boss space echo. Seems like a bit of a minefield, so thought I'd consult the experts! A lot of people like the ernie ball pedals, but they're really heavy and a bit pricey for me. Looking to spend £50 max.

Cheers

Have you checked out the smaller version of the Ernie Ball volume pedal? They're about £25 more than you want to spend, but they're worth it. I've had cheaper plastic volume pedals that have broken quickly and just haven't been responsive enough. My EB Jr volume has lasted 4 years of abuse so far with no signs of faltering.

+1 on the Ernie Ball, I bought a Boss one years ago, ok but flimsy and nasty feeling underfoot. Bought an EB, class product, smooth travel, built like a tank, no tonal loss. Go the extra yard you won't be sorry.

The boss fv500 is well worth a good look.
No tone issues, adjustable tension, and a minimum volume pot on the side, so you could easily set it up for swells etc.
It also has a socket for use as an exp pedal. I have had one now for about 6 years with absolutely no issues.
They can be found for about £70 new and probably £50 ish secondhand- although I notice they don't come up for sale as often as the ernie.
I'm not knocking the eb, I just think its overpriced

Thanks for all this guys, the EB is obviously great, but I'm not sure I want something quite that heavy! I know it seems a bit daft, but I've been trying to downsize my gig gear (must be getting old!!!) Will keep my eyes peeled for the boss, especially if I can get one for £50!

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1337431342' post='1659817']
how about the [url="http://www.alesis.com/f2"]alesis F2[/url] ?
[/quote]

Have you used one of these? Looks like it ticks all the boxes, but can't seem to find a price for one. No indication on Alesis' website to say if it's out of production or not.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...