Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB30 head, UK made #27, Mullard tubes, extras! SOLD

[size=4]My huge overhaul of gear has taken me down to an amp and single cab setup, and while I absolutely love this head I really can’t justify keeping it, so it with a heavy heart that I put up my UK-made Ashdown Little Bastard all-valve 30 watt head.

As I’m sure most folk on BC know, Ashdown’s first run of these heads was limited to 100 units completed here in the UK. This one is number 27 and was originally sold by Gamlins in Cardiff. The head has served me very well and has the tone that only valves can deliver. Condition is very good, just a couple of small bumps in the chrome panel.

It’s [u]plenty[/u] loud enough to gig with, and depending on what valves (and which input) you use, you can eradicate most or all of the grit if you just want it to play clean. Indeed, the head is currently fitted with two NOS Mullard ECC81s (cost £24, made for the Ministry of Defence and designated [/size][size=4]CV4024 [/size][size=4]in Mitcham in Week 2 of October 1984) that give about 60% of the standard ECC83's gain and clean the sound up perfectly for me, a JJ ECC82 as the driver, and four JJ EL84s as the power section complete the glow coming from inside.

Also included in the sale is a Roqsolid cover (£22), OBBM speakon-jack speaker cable (£12), and a 2m jack-jack speaker cable (£15).

I made a video to demo the amp, which you can see on Youtube as below:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjuLMqgk4Qk[/media]

Given that it’s a UK model, has upgraded tubes, and has a number of other extras I’m asking [b]£475[/b] collected from NE Hampshire or Central London, or add £15 for a basic (i.e. next day, £50 insurance) courier service.[/size]

Edited by walbassist