Why become a member? ×

Help me sort my amplification out!!

bassintheface

Ok, so, as can be seen in my profile, I currently use an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro with a Warwick 4x10.
I also own an Ampeg BA300 115 combo.

I also have some cash available....

I'm really happy with the SVT 3 Pro in terms of sound and 'carry-ability'.
The Warwick is great soundwise - though I'm not a fan of the look really so will be wanting to get rid of it.

I'm not a massive fan of the sound of the BA300 - I traded it as I wanted something more portable - it fits the bill perfectly being in a full custom, wheeled flightcase but it's just not quite 'there'.
I also quite like the 'classic' silverface look. I'm looking to move this on also.

What I'm after is (ideally), another 'classic' looking cab to pair with the SVT 3 - I quite like the idea of Barefaced S12T.
This would mainly be for 'bigger' gigs and kept in the rehearsal studio otherwise - this isn't such an 'urgent' change as I also have access to a few cabs (Ashdown 4x10 and an Ampeg 1x 15) if I get rid of the Warwick soon.

More urgently, I'm after a reasonably small and compact (and portable) quality combo (or amp and cab) that I'll use for most gigs. I'll probably get it flightcased as it'll be in and out of the van 3 times a week most weeks.
I do have some interest in the combo from a local bassist so hopefully he will now buy it! Otherwise it's ebay or a trade.
I like the 'look' of things like Aguilars, Ampegs, Matamps, Hiwatts etc - that sort of look. I need a decent amount of headroom, I'd like at least a valve preamp section (not essential as I have a VT Bass pedal and sans amp - so DI not essential either).
It needs to be quality, reliable and have a kind of retro / cool look - I don't like to look of Mark Bass stuff for some reason, even though everyone raves about it.
Speaker wise - I'm open to suggestions........

Any suggestions?!